SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    KelTec Sub 2000 - I need help from an armorer who knows this Carbine
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KelTec Sub 2000 - I need help from an armorer who knows this Carbine Login/Join 
posted
I recently received a KelTec Sub2000 Gen2 in 9mm from my wife and boys as a Christmas gift. I ordered an M-Carbo upgrade kit that includes a new upgraded trigger, trigger spring, feed ramp, and takedown lever and after watching the video on line at M-Carbo I will not attempt this upgrade....I was hoping I could find a forum friend that I could send my carbine and this upgrade kit and pay to have these items installed...

If there is anyone here who owns a Sub2000 Gen2 who wha tackled these upgrades on your own carbine and would be willing to install my kit please post here and I will email you.....Thanks. Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just take it to a gun shop that works on guns, a lot of places will install triggers/sights and small jobs like that, just ask around

Posts: 3369 | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
I installed the trigger on my gen 1. Not too bad. At least with the gen 2 you can send through the mail since the buffer tube is the firearm. I don't think it's that bad but if course if I was working on someone else's, I would cuck it up. Best of luck on your upgrades.

Posts: 3479 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I would say any competent gunsmith could do this for you pretty quickly.

You also need the double charging handle from MCARBO! It's a HUGE improvement over the one-finger stock charging handle:

https://www.mcarbo.com/store/p...Charging-Handle.aspx

Also get a buffer tube cover, makes for a more comfortable cheek weld as you really have to press your face into that tube to get a good sight picture:

https://www.mcarbo.com/kel-tec...bolt-tube-cover.aspx

I also put a Magpul AFG-2 foregrip on mine and thought it was a good addition:

https://www.magpul.com/product...essories/grips/afg-2

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So, sigarmsp226

Did you get a chance to shoot your Sub2000 yet? What do ya think? It's a fun little rifle!

Posts: 33572 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
So, sigarmsp226

Did you get a chance to shoot your Sub2000 yet? What do ya think? It's a fun little rifle!

PA Sig - Actually I did not get a chance to shoot it before sending it to see the doctor....Following yur recommendations it is currently at the gun doctors office getting the upgrades you recmmended and a couple more all from M-Carbo..When it gets out of the informary it will have a new aluminum feedramp, upgraded aluminum trigger, double finger charging handle, upgraded trigger spring set, aluminum trigger guard, upgraded screws and inserts,and a tube cover... I hope to have it back in about a week and once it gets home it will get a good break-in....Range report and photos to follow when she gets home....

Merry Christmas to you and yours Sir...Thanks for the follow up post...Mark

Posts: 3236 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post