SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New scar 20s
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scar 20s Login/Join 
Picture of creslin
posted
Well it’s finally happening.
After teasing us for years at shot show...
FN has announced a shiny new scar:

https://fnamerica.com/products...-series/fn-scar-20s/

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1524 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of siggers
posted Hide Post
Interesting

"Fundamentals are a crutch for the talentless"

Posts: 690 | Registered: December 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Available for commercial and law enforcement.

I've yet to see any SCAR"S in commercials, so o o o o

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine came today. It was $3995 delivered. It came with a Geisselle Super SCAR trigger already installed, it's a $400 upgrade to regular SCARS so the 20s isn't all that much more than a regular SCAR with a Geisselle.

Headed to the range now to see how it shoots........... :-)

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
Mine came today. It was $3995 delivered. It came with a Geisselle Super SCAR trigger already installed, it's a $400 upgrade to regular SCARS so the 20s isn't all that much more than a regular SCAR with a Geisselle.

Headed to the range now to see how it shoots........... :-)

Was that the commercial or LEO/IOP price?

Posts: 12436 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is one ugly rifle.

Posts: 929 | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but give FN credit for bringing it out. It was promised so long ago that one could be forgiven for having assumed that FN would never do it.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Hmm, is that a different muzzle device?

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
Probably the most butt ugly rifle I've ever seen. Mine will be here later this week Big Grin

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted Hide Post
Inspired by Minecraft?

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
Hmm, is that a different muzzle device?

Looks like the standard FN SCAR flash hider instead of the PWS muzzle brake on the 17.

Posts: 3326 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
That thing looks like a hogs butt sewed up with a logging chain. But I would take one. Big Grin

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I think it looks great with optics but looks are subjective. So how does it shoot?

According to this reviewer it's more accurate than his Knights Armament SR-25 ER. And the SR-25 looks to be selling for about $1k more (MAP price) if you can find one.

https://fnforum.net/forums/fn-...0s-range-report.html

Another review showing impressive accuracy for a factory built 20" semi-auto .308:

https://www.tactical-life.com/...st-look-fn-scar-20s/

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bet its a great rifle , but it still looks like a 2x4 with a barrel sticking out of it.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Needs one of those surplus clip on night vision units.

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orthogonal
posted Hide Post
Did it inherit that incredibly ridiculous reciprocating charging handle from the SCAR 17?

Posts: 519 | Registered: May 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
I just can’t get into FN rifles. I find them grossly over priced for what they are.

I own plenty of guns over $4k. I even own a few well north of that, so it’s not that I mind paying for quality or scarcity.

I just don’t give a rip about a $3k scar, so I really can’t get into this ugly sucker at $4k, lol

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
MSRP of $4500.00

LOL, get fucked FN.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KevinCW:
MSRP of $4500.00

LOL, get fucked FN.

I guess an SR25 or a HK MR762 is much cheaper? Wait, no....

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post