SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New scar 20s
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scar 20s Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Belgian, I have a few of the Vortex Razors and they are pretty nice optically but especially the higher magnification scopes are HEAVY. I mean VERY HEAVY. They completely change the balance of a rifle. If you were thinking the 1-6x OK but you might want a little more magnification. I would compare them hand in hand before laying down some serious coin one way or the other........dj

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the input DJ. That 4.5-27 Razor GenII was huge. I like the magnification range, the optics and turrets, but I'm still leaning toward my original idea of a Nightforce ATACR 4-16x42 or 5-25 with illuminated Treamor 3 reticle.

It will be interesting to see the optics Presented at SHOT Show this year. The new Zero Compromise line should be present.

I was also checking out the Trijicon Accu-Power 4.5-30x56. They're considerably less expensive.

Steiner seems like a viable choice as well.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post