SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    New scar 20s
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New scar 20s Login/Join 
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I know they make a SCAR 17 20" barrel but I don't know if the SCAR 20 barrel is compatible.

IIRC the MK20 SSR has 6 barrel screws (3 per side) near the chamber as opposed to the 4 on the SCAR 17.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
I know they make a SCAR 17 20" barrel but I don't know if the SCAR 20 barrel is compatible.

IIRC the MK20 SSR has 6 barrel screws (3 per side) near the chamber as opposed to the 4 on the SCAR 17.

The 20" SCAR 17 barrel is a different animal than the one in the SCAR 20s. The 20" 17 barrels has about the same contour as the 16" 17 barrel. The 20 uses a thicker contour barrel with 3 screw mount and a longer forend adaptor......

Remember, this is all supposed to be for fun...................

Posts: 4123 | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rhino and Dj for your input. All good info. for sure. Thanks for taking the time to compare the barrels and LOP on the stocks with a SCAR 17s Dj. That helps me quite a bit. I will definitely keep EuroOptic in mind. I may make the trip up to Tulsa just for the fun of it, but I doubt I'd likely find any bargains. I made a call to Tanner's last week and they told me they had them on order and to check back. I also contacted FN about LE/Mil pricing and they told me they didn't have the 20S available but to check back in Jan 2019.

ShneaSIG, I'm sorry to hear about your UPS debacle. Hopefully it will show up very soon.

I'm really excited about these hitting the market. I also hope they offer them in 6.5 Creedmore and maybe 260. We'll see.

Posts: 5415 | Registered: October 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by djpaintles:
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

The 20" SCAR 17 barrel is a different animal than the one in the SCAR 20s. The 20" 17 barrels has about the same contour as the 16" 17 barrel. The 20 uses a thicker contour barrel with 3 screw mount and a longer forend adaptor......
That is what I figured, thanks for confirming it.

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Belgian Blue:

ShneaSIG, I'm sorry to hear about your UPS debacle. Hopefully it will show up very soon.

Thank you, but it is Andyb who is suffering the misfortune! I was only wishing him well. I'm sure he appreciates your sentiments.

-ShneaSIG

Oh, by the way, which one's "Pink?"

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:

Thank you, but it is Andyb who is suffering the misfortune! I was only wishing him well. I'm sure he appreciates your sentiments.

Sorry for the confusion.

Andyb, I hope you get your SCAR ASAP. It's always nerve-wracking things like this happen. Let us know how it works out.

posted Hide Post
I like the original design more. I would love to get one of the original SCAR rifles but they are a little out of my price range but would love to see some pics of the newer model when someone gets one.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ShneaSIG:
quote:

Sorry for the confusion.

Andyb, I hope you get your SCAR ASAP. It's always nerve-wracking things like this happen. Let us know how it works out.

Appreciate it!

UPS finally got their act together. They had sent this guy on an adventure to a few other hubs with no scans Roll Eyes Go figure

Settling in with it's siblings, haven't decided on a scope yet

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of stormwalker
posted Hide Post
Nice looking family, congrats. Hopefully mine will arrive on Thursday.

Posts: 544 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sweet, that 20S is begging for some sweet ass glass. So many good options out there.

Keep us updated with what you settle on!

Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
Andyb - glad your new beauty made it home safe!

-ShneaSIG

Posts: 11059 | Location: MO | Registered: November 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
Random question for the new 20S owners. Is the buttstock interface plate that slides onto the back of the receiver polymer or aluminum? Is there any other feature there for absorbing the carrier impact?

I know the aluminum plate on aftermarket stocks like the KDG SAS has been blamed as the cause for the bent rear receiver screws, since the plate on the factory 17S stock is polymer.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stormwalker:
Nice looking family, congrats. Hopefully mine will arrive on Thursday.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZojMpywbgdQ" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Wow, Vickers lost some weight! Hope it's from healthy doing and not from some disease's manifestation.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
LIBERTATEM DEFENDIMUS
Picture of Belgian Blue
posted Hide Post
Andyb, Good to see your 20s made it! Great photo too. What optic are you leaning towards?

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow, Vickers lost some weight! Hope it's from healthy doing and not from some disease's manifestation.
Yeah, I was watching a Forgotten Weapons video the other day of an AK47 book while doing some chores - I could swear that was Larry Vickers voice but his face looked so different. I had to stop the video and look at the credits, sure enough it was him! Must have dropped 50-75 lbs, maybe more!

Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett B:
Random question for the new 20S owners. Is the buttstock interface plate that slides onto the back of the receiver polymer or aluminum? Is there any other feature there for absorbing the carrier impact?

I know the aluminum plate on aftermarket stocks like the KDG SAS has been blamed as the cause for the bent rear receiver screws, since the plate on the factory 17S stock is polymer.

It's polymer.

Belgian, I'm really not sure yet. Probably some sort of Nightforce

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3585 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Just realized the stock doesn’t fold? Why would FN negate that feature?

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Repressed
Picture of ShneaSIG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:
Just realized the stock doesn’t fold? Why would FN negate that feature?

Probably to increase stability. The 20 puts a premium on accuracy and a folding stock doesn't really offer much utility on a rifle with a 20" barrel and likely a big optic.

-ShneaSIG

Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Andyb:
It's polymer.

Belgian, I'm really not sure yet. Probably some sort of Nightforce

Thanks!

Seems like the ATACR 4-16x50 would be a great fit.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
These rifles beg for one of the PVS-30 trade-ins!

Posts: 9947 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post