SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Mason's Rifle Room    KSG Bravo Chassis
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KSG Bravo Chassis Login/Join 
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted
I'm thinking about getting a KSG Bravo Chassis for my Tikka CTR. Does anyone have experience with them? If so, how hard are they to install? Did you see any accuracy improvements? What is the weight like compared to the OEM CTR stock?

Thanks and I appreciate any feedback.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
I have the KRG X-Ray on my Tikka T3 Varmint .308. It has been a great addition and I wouldn't hesitate to buy more KRG products. It was extremely easy to install, I imagine the Bravo would be as well since it also uses an aluminum backbone chassis.

I didn't see any inherent accuracy improvements in the rifle just from adding the stock, my Tikka was already shooting 1/2 moa at 100 yards out of the box. I did see a big improvement in ergonomics which helped my consistency. More consistent head position/cheek weld, more comfortable overall for a relaxed natural point of aim, fewer pulled shots.

The X-ray added about 1 pound over my original Varmint stock if I remember right (it has been several years). I haven't weighed a CTR stock but it will probably be similar.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Brett B,

Did you glass bed the action as well?

Thanks for your reply

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
I recently did this Fire Away. Install was moderately easy but instructions are lacking....quite a bit for the Tikka. You can tell that the chassis was designed for the Rem. 700 and later adapted to the Tikka.

Overall, a great purchase and would do again. Like Brett B, the consistency of cheek weld and shooting position was greatly improved. I haven't really shot at distance because of hunting season but my stock no longer touches anywhere on the barrel, so it "MAY" help with accuracy.

As for weight....don't know.

One issue I really have with the KRG-Bravo is that you must use AICS mags instead of the mag that comes with the CTR. I like the much shorter height of the CTR mag. Adds to the cost of the package if you don't already have AICS mags. I did get a MDT mag. Seems to be trouble free so far but I did need to adjust the trigger guard to get it to fit (again, instructions aren't exactly clear on how to do this).

No question as to the construction or durability of the chassis. Should last a lifetime. Don't think you'll be disappointed.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Middle children
of history
Picture of Brett B
posted Hide Post
No glass bedding required, the aluminum chassis backbone is machined to interface with the action. Just torque it down and go.

-------------------------
SCAR forend upgrades:
www.regosys.com
www.instagram.com/regosystems/

Posts: 2597 | Location: Midwest | Registered: September 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
I have two Bravos. One is on a SA Remington 700 5R and another is a LA on a Stiller in .300 winmag. I am exceedingly happy with both. I ended up getting the LA with the Whiskey backbone in it. This was last year (right about this time) when the Bravo came out. KRG was very helpful in getting me set up with what I needed for that.

Along with the stock, I would go ahead and get the extended magazine catch, the adjustable butt pad, and the forend spigot. All three items have been good add-ons for me.

The stock is relatively easy to install, and it comes with instructions. You can always call KRG direct and they will be happy to help you out. They are good folks. Make sure you have an inch-pound torque wrench as all the action screws tighten in a sequence and need to be accurate to get the most out of the chassis. You may have to cannibalize a hex key in order to get the needed length to torque a few of the screws. No bedding is required as it has the aluminum backbone and the actual stock isnt part of the “structure”...you are fastenting the action to the aluminum backbone. Accuracy improvements come from the stock fitting you better. I did see a big improvement over the HS due to better fit. (One of the big reasons to spring for that adjustable buttplate.)

On both the SA and the LA I ended up fabricating simple chhek risers out of sheet hobby foam. This was not only for comfort (the plastic riser is hard) but it was critcal on the LA as the bolt throw is such that it interferes with the riser if the riser is extended more than about 1/2”. This is a rather big design flaw in my opinion that has not been addressed by KRG. It is easily remidies though. I think the Tikka bolt throw may have the same issues...not sure.

Besides decent glass, the Bravo is by far the best investment I have made in these rifles. I wanted an improved and adjustable stock for long range work (both had HS Precisions prior) and I’m not a big fan of the spindly looking chassis that are popular. I wanted something more traditional and this fit the bill.

I will attatch a few pics. I don’t post here much these days, but will make sure my contact info is on. Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions on them, and I will do my best to help.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/26h98h44u/

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the very helpful replies.

posted Hide Post
I wanted to get one for my t3x 300wsm but somebody gave me a ctr stock and mag so now I have a t3x ctr superlite.

I have another in 6.5, maybe I’ll get a green bravo for it.

Posts: 5082 | Location: Alaska | Registered: June 12, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post