SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Federal Field and Range ammo?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Federal Field and Range ammo? Login/Join 
posted
Anyone ever hear of/used Federal Field and Range ammo? Looking for 45 ACP and my local range has this for 13.99/box in 1,000 lots.

Before I take a chance on 1,000 rnds, would want to hear from others. Normally buy American Eagle or Sellier and Bellot.

I should also add I use it for target only.

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Never seen or even heard of this line, until now.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Don’t know about that product, but you can buy Sellier and Beloit for less.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks "honestlou"! Where can I buy S & B shipped for less money?

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Sorry, when I looked yesterday morning SG Ammo had it for $250/case, with $25 shipping, so $275 all in. I just checked and they are out of stock as of right now. Here's the link, and you can click on "Notify when back in stock".

They do have Magtech and PMC Bronze in stock for $260/case, and I've shot both of those brands with no issues.

Target Sports USA has Remington UMC for $270/case (I've found it to be dirty, but shoots okay) and Armscor for $280/case. They have free shipping on case quantities.

https://www.targetsportsusa.co...ammo-c-70.aspx#ston|

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you!

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I just realized I omitted the ling to sgammo, so here it is:

https://www.sgammo.com/product...rass-case-ammo-sb45a

posted Hide Post
I sent an email to Federal asking them about this particular brand. Will advise when I receive a reply.

Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Hody, I got an email from SGAmmo that the S & B was back in stock:

https://www.sgammo.com/product...rass-case-ammo-sb45a

posted Hide Post
thank you Lou!

posted Hide Post
Just heard back from Federal. Field and Range is what they call a "promotion load" hence it is not shown on their website. I asked them to compare it the their American Eagle and they replied it is not up to AE and it is more like their "Champion" brand.

posted Hide Post
I have 500rds of 9mm, but have not shot any.
To me, it just seems to be a different box.

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post