SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone. Login/Join 
Picture of ruger357
posted
I checked 2 or 3 places. Pretty much all 223 and 9mm is gone. I’ve got a good supply but could always use more. I’m sure the price has doubled too.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it is all gone as you posted. what difference does it make if the price doubles?

Qty X (2 X $0) =$0.00

Of course, it is not all gone and while some retailers have raised the price slightly and some tremendously (CTD), it is still out there and some for reasonable prices.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Usually it's cheaper when it's out of stock.

My great uncle had a general store, and one day a woman was complaining that his price on something was higher than at his competitor. He asked "why don't you just buy it there?" She said "they're out of it".

My great-uncle replied, "when I'm out of it I'll tell you it's that price too".

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Ordered 1000rds from Bass Pro yesterday, E-mail saying thanks for your order.
Today,

quote:
We apologize the item(s) you ordered has been delayed. If we don’t receive your item(s) within 60 days, it will be canceled. You won’t be charged for this item(s) until it ships If you prefer to cancel the delayed item(s), please contact us.
Ships May 15 - May 25

Looks like i might miss the 60day time limit

More than a few, less than others!

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barry1967:
Ordered 1000rds from Bass Pro yesterday, E-mail saying thanks for your order...

Just curious, did they raise the price?

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
84.99 per 500rds.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: June 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
gun broker has thousand round cases in 9mm for 500 bucks.. crazy but not surprising

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
Most on line vendors are OOS. Whats left is horribly marked up in attempts to price gouge folks.

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo is temporarily not taking orders and Target Sports USA is wiped out of 9MM range ammo. I suggest setting up text alerts at both places for ammo you are looking to purchase and be prepared to act fast but even so expect to pay more than what pricing was a couple weeks ago.

I used text alert at SGAmmo and got text about S&B 9MM 124 being in stock at $163.80 a few weeks ago and bought a case. A few hours later it was all gone.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
you can do the whole text alert thing and get frustrated when it sells out in 5 minutes or just wait three months!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
if you want a good laugh go check out cheaper then dirt 1308 dollars for a case of .357 sig Roll Eyes

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barry1967
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro just emailed me my order of 1K 9mm rounds has shipped. Nice, thought I was boned

Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Looks like PSA took lessons from Cheaper Than Dirt...

https://palmettostatearmory.co...rral&utm_campaign=cl

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Yep PSA changes prices whenever the wind changes direction...LMAO

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of powermad
posted Hide Post
quote:

How much was it? It's all gone now.

Posts: 1470 | Location: Portland Oregon | Registered: October 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by powermad:
quote:

How much was it? It's all gone now.

Looks like $309/case

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

So if you had an extra case of Blazer 9mm right now and someone you didn't know wanted to buy it from you, how much would you charge them? Is $300 too much? $250? $225?

I set up at a local show back in January, my only show of the year, and had 3 different guys get my number on Sunday because they didn't have cash and wanted 3 different rifles. My bad on giving out my number. None called me after the show. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has called me the last 2 days asking about ammo I had and offering me 'whatever you want' for 9mm and 45. Two of them begged me to sell to them. I didn't but, if I had said $400 for a case of 9mm, I am convinced 2 of them would have ponied up the cash that day. Would I be a blood sucker?

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
In their defense, the FLURRY of emails from manufacturers is unreal. Mag-Tech, Federal and Winchester all sent notices that prices have increased, even on orders that were made during the January show circuit. Most are giving cut-off dates as early as April 1st. If the order doesn't leave their factory by then, the entire order is subject to the new prices...which they haven't even released. Purchase Orders mean nothing in this industry. Smith and Wesson canceled their show pricing on rifles too. It was supposed to be good until July.

This is just a short list example of what is going on. Ammo was at a 12-13 year low. I predict that we don't see pre-covid prices on ammo again.

And honestly, $300 for a case of 9mm isn't CTD territory. More like $1000/case and $100 P-Mags.

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know, I don't recall an ammo drought when Barack Obama was the forty forth President of the United States like this one. President Trump, the 45th President of the United States wins big league yet again!

Posts: 65 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
CTD Speer Lawman .357 SIG Ammunition 1,000 Rounds TMJ 125 $1,308.50

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post