SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Didn't take long. 9mm at lowest price I've ever seen

Can someone find Paras cautionary talk on this very thing and reboot that thread? I looked but didn't find it.

BTW, Bustabuddy, the answer to that depends on who you ask. Ask me and the answer is NO. Ask someone who was looking at a case of 9mm a month back for $180 BUT THEY DIDN'T BUY ANY and now they want it, they'd likely have a differing answer. I support more people learning that lesson as they are less likely to not stock up when it's plentiful next time.

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmurray:
Ya know, I don't recall an ammo drought when Barack Obama was the forty forth President of the United States like this one. President Trump, the 45th President of the United States wins big league yet again!

Troll much Roll Eyes

Bull fucking shit...I’d pretty much bet you are old enough to recall the ammo situation after the horrible event at Sandy Hook in 2012...

Add to that the ammunition shortage after Barack Hussein was put into office...

To put this on President Trump is the stupidest thing I’ve seen on this forum in recent memory Mad...

Give us a break on shit like this Roll Eyes

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo currently has Magtech 9mm in stock.

Posts: 900 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out gun.deals.com!

Posts: 83 | Location: Montgomery county, PA | Registered: May 01, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmurray:
Ya know, I don't recall an ammo drought when Barack Obama was the forty forth President of the United States like this one. President Trump, the 45th President of the United States wins big league yet again!
You're a fucking idiot . Moderated Status, thirty dys, and if you ever post some stupid shit like this in this forum, you're gone for good. Freakin' halfwit.

Don't like it? Then, leave.

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
affordable 9mm ammo available here:

https://aimsurplus.com/norma-9mm-fmj-115grn-50rd-box/

(for now)

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

(for now)

Thats a good price. Is it made in Sweden do you know?

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
looks like they make some in Sweden and some in the USA

not sure in this particular case

article here:

https://www.americanrifleman.o...at-norma-ammunition/

========================

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FishOn:
quote:

(for now)

Good??? What are you smoking----Equivalent to $240/case of 1000, when "good" should be in the $170-$190 range. Then again - any available is "good".

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
quote:

(for now)

Then again - any available is "good".

bingo

-----------------------

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun Supply:
Ammo was at a 12-13 year low. I predict that we don't see pre-covid prices on ammo again.

Bollocks. The same predictions were made during the shortages during the obummer years. Truth be told there is probably excess ammo production capacity world wide. Geco, PPU, Magtec/S&B, helped to bring prices down in 2017. I expect the same after the latest hoarding panic.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

(for now)

According to SG Ammo earlier this year, Geco was being rebranded as Norma in 2020. Most Geco ammo is produced in Hungary. Both brands are owned by RUAG Ammotec.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo has Speer Lawman 124 and 147 gr in stock but by the case only. $259 plus $16 shipping. 124 and 147 grain range ammo is getting hard to find again. Speer Lawman is good stuff.

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog...-sale/9mm-luger-ammo

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Supply still low and priced high, but improved over recent week or two. Perhaps the ammo curve is “flattening”! Smile

Posts: 481 | Registered: June 24, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:
quote:

(for now)

Good??? What are you smoking----Equivalent to $240/case of 1000, when "good" should be in the $170-$190 range. Then again - any available is "good".

I am smoking "reality weed". That IS a good price in the current market. I don't need any though, as I have a large stash built up over the last few years. I sent that link to a friend in need.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clayflingythingy:
quote:
Is it made in Sweden do you know?

According to SG Ammo earlier this year, Geco was being rebranded as Norma in 2020. Most Geco ammo is produced in Hungary. Both brands are owned by RUAG Ammotec.

RUAG Ammotec owns the Norma, Geco, and RWS ammo brands. Norma has factories in Sweden, Geco has factories in Hungary and Switzerland, and RWS has factories in Germany.

RUAG also recently acquired the Precision Ammunition factory in Tampa, Florida, and certain types of ammo destined for the US market are now produced there.

So this ammo could have be made at any of these subsidiary factories, and then boxed and sold under any of the various subsidiary brand names. This is common among small arms conglomerates with multiple brands and multiple factories. Just because it says "Norma" doesn't mean it was actually made at an original Norma factory in Sweden; that's just the brand it's being sold under.

(Similar to Wolf ammo, except Wolf doesn't actually own any factories itself, and instead contracts with various ammo factories around the world to produce the ammo that is sold under their brand name.)

Posts: 32430 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
There is a lot more going to the 9mm ammo market right now than just the COVID rush. Weeks before the rush, places like RSR were bought out of 9mm. Rumor has it that PSA bought up 5-6 million dollars in 9mm weeks before we knew what COVID was. My LGS made the comment that 9mm disappeared around that time. That is plentiful to buy by the pallet, and then it was gone. Now, demand has went through the roof.

I expect whoever is sitting on it will continue to sit on it until their profit margin tops 33-50%.

There's still a lot of reasonably priced .40 and .45 out there right now. It doesn't seem to be affected like the 9mm so that is why I tend to believe the rumor about PSA.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37084 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
There's still a lot of reasonably priced .40 and .45 out there right now. It doesn't seem to be affected like the 9mm so that is why I tend to believe the rumor about PSA.

If that turns out to be true, PSA's name will be Mudd in the firearms community, much like CTD's became after they gouged during the Obama-inspired runs on ammo several years ago.

It doesn't surprise me .40 S&W availability is still good, being as the round has been losing in popularity. I haven't been watching .45 ACP because I'm GTG, there. I will tell you, though: Much to my surprise, 10mm is in a lot shorter supply than it was pre-panic.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
There is a lot more going to the 9mm ammo market right now than just the COVID rush. Weeks before the rush, places like RSR were bought out of 9mm. Rumor has it that PSA bought up 5-6 million dollars in 9mm weeks before we knew what COVID was. My LGS made the comment that 9mm disappeared around that time. That is plentiful to buy by the pallet, and then it was gone. Now, demand has went through the roof.

I expect whoever is sitting on it will continue to sit on it until their profit margin tops 33-50%.

Who/what is PSA ? It's not ringing a bell for me, and thank you.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Who/what is PSA ? It's not ringing a bell for me, and thank you.

Palmetto State Armory.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post