SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr228:
For anyone looking for 9mm ammo. SG Ammo has quite a bit in stock at very reasonable prices. Especially during these crazy times.

SGAmmo has always been one of my first choices for ammo, but seems like they are $50-$75 a case higher than "before" too.

Posts: 759 | Location: Athol, ID | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not only is SG Ammo higher than before, it seems to me they are using the panic to sell off slower moving inventory (the less popular) at inflated prices.

Perhaps I am being overly cynical and these less popular offerings are all they have left from the prepanic inventory. But why the sharp increase in price if that is the case?

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I am in good shape in ammo but wanted more American Eagle 9MM 124 gr since it shoots so well for most of my pistols and last shortage it was hard to get for a long time. I got an alert that TargetSports USA got some in for $12.99 box of 50 and ordered 11 boxes on 04/11/20. Well they shipped it the next day and it is scheduled for delivery Tuesday 4/14/20 so maybe TSA is getting caught up with things.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out this price on wadcutter 38s from SG Ammo.

I am now certain SG Ammo has jacked up the prices on prepanic inventory and is trying to unload slow moving items at gougers pricing.

https://www.sgammo.com/product...o-sellier-bellot-sb3

I am prolly thru with SG Ammo

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SW_Sig:
Target Sports keeps have delay after delay in shipping.

I'd placed an order on Mar. 18. They were quoting 10-12 days to ship at the time. The next day they were up to 12-15 days. In the end they did not ship until Apr. 9, 22 days later. But ship they did & I got it yesterday.

Funny thing was I placed another order a week later and they shipped it w/in a week or so. Go figure.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I checked 2 or 3 places. Pretty much all 223 and 9mm is gone. I’ve got a good supply but could always use more. I’m sure the price has doubled too.

Ruger357 - You have mail Sir....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I checked 2 or 3 places. Pretty much all 223 and 9mm is gone. I’ve got a good supply but could always use more. I’m sure the price has doubled too.

Ruger357 - You have mail Sir....Mark

Thank you!

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I ordered a couple cases of .22LR from Target Sports on 3/19. It was shipped on 3/31 and received on 4/8. They said up front that shipping would be delayed a few days and I was OK with that, so as far as I'm concerned they did fine.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr228:
For anyone looking for 9mm ammo. SG Ammo has quite a bit in stock at very reasonable prices. Especially during these crazy times.

They have the 124gr short barrel +P Gold Dots (23611) at $200/case of 200, that's reasonable. Shipping to Davenport IA was $12.

https://www.sgammo.com/product...-short-barrel-person

Edited to add: I ordered a case on Monday, UPS will deliver Friday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15899 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quick Update - Over the past 6 days Ruger357 (OP for this thread that I emailed directly to share my information because he was the one looking for ammo) as well as myself and my son have successfully purchased brass cased (CCI Blazer, WWB, and Federal) FMJ 9mm at non-inflated prices along with $5.00 shipping on all orders. Not sure how much Ruger357 purchased but my son purchased 500rds of Federal and I purchased 1000rds of WWB for under $200.00 and 500rds of Blazer for about $100.00.

Here is how and where - Now I know that Ruger357 tried two days before he was successful but I was successful two times out of two tries and my son was successful on his second try.

Where to start - GET UP EARLY......I get up around 3:30 a.m. every morning and what I learned is that Academy Outdoors on line must restock their on-line whse inventories at night because this is when and where we have been successful in buying 9mm ammo at decent prices in the past week.....Now you go to their site and type in 9mm ammo in the search box - all 9mm ammo's will appear and from there you will have to click on each ammo you are interested in to see if there is new inventory available for on line purchase. If it is the box on the right hand side will be green and you are limited to 5 units of whatever you are reviewing - No Bitching - because if you recall I told you shipping is $5.00 per order AND many of the selections are 100, 200, and even a couple of 500 rd boxes.....I purchased 5 - 100 rd boxes (500 rds total) on one order and then two days later I purchased 5 - 200 rd WWB ammo (1000 rds)....

I did not look at any other ammo but they sell all calibers - My son's only needed and wanted 9mm.....So I encourage those who might need a little more ammo to give this a try...and NOPE - I cannot guarantee you will be successful but at least right now they are selling their 9mm ammo for the prices they were before everything went crazy on line with ammo prices (or at least they were when I made my second purchase two days ago).....and the 500 rds that my son ordered and my first 500 rd order have both already delivered and my 1000 rds is shipping today.

Good Luck - and it is not to say that you may not be able to be successful real late at night after most folks looking for ammo have gone to bed.....and if you are successful you can always send me half of what you purchased as a "Thank You Mark" gift..... Big Grin

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ruger357
posted Hide Post
Thanks again for the tip. I was able to get 500 rounds (the limit).

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 7935 | Location: Hoover, AL | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I go to Academy Outdoors, I do not find an online section on the website. Nor during a google search. Any suggestions?

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
Shop > Outdoors > Shooting > Ammunition

https://www.academy.com/shop/b.../shooting/ammunition

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
Hahahahaha

Ammo started to replenish. And then the CA injunction happened. Every place is empty again.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37083 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
When I go to Academy Outdoors, I do not find an online section on the website. Nor during a google search. Any suggestions?

Steve - You have mail Sir....Mark

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigarmsp226:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:

Steve - You have mail Sir....Mark

Thanks for the help, however I can no longer find the PM section. Cannot find where to read or send PMs.

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
That's because there is no PM section... Sigforum doesn't use PMs.

He emailed you at the Hotmail email address you have listed in your profile.

Posts: 32429 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Delivered today

I got an email today from Bass Pro that they are going to deliver some ammo on Wed that I ordered about a month ago. I am getting it at the original price and free shipping.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: maxwayne,

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
That's because there is no PM section... Sigforum doesn't use PMs.

He emailed you at the Hotmail email address you have listed in your profile.

Unlike other sites...it keeps everything uncluttered with bull shit Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Well due to riots and all the mayhem and promises by rioters to go into the suburbs, the online sources of ammo have almost dried up again. SGA and TSA both had quite a bit of factory new brass cased practice 9MM range ammo in stock though at about 40 percent higher prices than in February but that is almost all gone now in the last couple days. Eek

https://www.sgammo.com/catalog...-ammo?sort=round_low

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post