SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone. Login/Join 
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Rumor has it that PSA bought up 5-6 million dollars in 9mm

Wouldn't doubt it.
One very large operation here had bought that or more late last year or early this year in anticipation for the coming shooting season. It was slated to last until June. It's gone.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
Who/what is PSA ? It's not ringing a bell for me, and thank you.

Palmetto State Armory.

Thank you....I doubt I'll ever purchase anything from them ever now.

Posts: 921 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't have a problem with a business making a profit. That's what everyone in sales has to do to stay in business.

That being said PSA is selling Blazer Load 5200 cases for 172% of the price today that it was on January 28th.

Definitely a little gouging by them

Posts: 169 | Location: Kearney, MO | Registered: October 18, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Genorogers:
quote:
Palmetto State Armory.

Thank you....I doubt I'll ever purchase anything from them ever now.

Given jljones' comments and this...

quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
That being said PSA is selling Blazer Load 5200 cases for 172% of the price today that it was on January 28th.

... neither will I. They just joined LG on my personal DNU (Do Not Use) list.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
What's the issue with Lucky Gunner?

Definitely a little gouging by them[/QUOTE]
... neither will I. They just joined LG on my personal DNU (Do Not Use) list.[/QUOTE]

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The price will be what the market will bear. I thought most here supported a free market.
If PSA has supply then good on them for thinking ahead.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:

More like my issue than the issue: Just Told Lucky Gunner To Pack Sand

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I got the same notification when I tried to order from LG. So I figured piss all over em then. I don't live in a restricted state/city. Sheeze

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:
quote:

I got the same notification when I tried to order from LG. So I figured piss all over em then. I don't live in a restricted state/city. Sheeze

Found 6.8spc at LG and the price was normal and I got it a week after ordering it....last week.

Targetsports has yet to ship my order and I ordered from them the week before I ordered from LG.

And while I am surprised by LG I am not pissed at Targetsports.....I knew it would take a bit.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by topherh:
I don't have a problem with a business making a profit. That's what everyone in sales has to do to stay in business.

People on FB accused PSA of price-gouging, and here was their response today.

Our reputation is built on our ability to provide you with quality products at competitive prices. You have an expectation of great quality and better pricing when you shop with us, and we know that.

The current state of the country has been hard on all of us, and it has certainly placed a strain on supply chains around the world - specifically on ammunition. Ammo is now carrying a price tag for us that is higher than what we sold it to you for just a week ago. Our cost to acquire ammo is up overall.

Unfortunately, we have lost the ability to negotiate with suppliers due to the current demand. Typically we could use our size and buying power to negotiate pricing and terms that are passed on to the consumer. As demand increases our negotiation strength decreases. Our prices rise and when that happens, we have to pass it on.

Every round of ammunition that was in inventory (purchased under our specially negotiated programs prior to this event) is gone. What you see for sale now is brand new inventory that we've had to purchase at much higher prices.

One specific example from a quote we received today: normally we can buy a 50 round box of a particular ammo for $7.50 and sell it to you for about $8.99. Today, we were quoted $11.50 for that same box. A four dollar (~50%) increase in cost. For our margins to stay the same, so that we can stay in business, our price on that box would now need be about $13.50.

That's not what you expect from us, and we understand that. But that's what the market, the news and the public demand has given us at this time.

Thank you again for your understanding and your continued support. We do not take it for granted.

Palmetto State Armory

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:

Were you a low-volume customer at LG? I was. It occurred to me maybe they were blowing me off. Saving their resources for their better customers.

posted Hide Post
Hey guys. Consider this. They are telling you the truth. Are they? I don't know but retailers like Palmetto and TargetSports have always shot straight with me and always have some of the best prices. Why do you think the manufacturers aren't jacking up the prices to them? Labor is a huge percentage of production and in these weird times when a lot of folks are told to stay home or may be sick, expenses go up per round/box/case/pallet. Rent stays the same. Utilities stay the same. Etc.

Some of y'all act like a few dollars added onto your credit card is going to kill you. All the while, numerous threads on this quite excellent forum have been advising you to stock up. After Sandy Hook, a lot of people thought prices would never go down. They did. To levels many thought would be unapproachable. Many bought good 9mm at $7.50/50 last year. The owner of this forum even warned everyone about looking ahead and stocking up on ammo and parts.
Apparently the ones bitching on this thread weren't heeding the advice. Too bad, dudes. And if you think things are bad now, wait until late summer when the MSMedia blames our president for the Covid response and the polls indicate some lame Dem has a chance to win the upcoming election. Again, you won't be able to get anyone to ship you a box of .22 ammo for less than $30. And again it will be your fault for not heeding the advice posted for the last year on this forum.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bustabuddy:
Hey guys. Consider this. They are telling you the truth. Are they? I don't know but retailers like Palmetto and TargetSports have always shot straight with me and always have some of the best prices. Why do you think the manufacturers aren't jacking up the prices to them? Labor is a huge percentage of production and in these weird times when a lot of folks are told to stay home or may be sick, expenses go up per round/box/case/pallet. Rent stays the same. Utilities stay the same. Etc.

Some of y'all act like a few dollars added onto your credit card is going to kill you. All the while, numerous threads on this quite excellent forum have been advising you to stock up. After Sandy Hook, a lot of people thought prices would never go down. They did. To levels many thought would be unapproachable. Many bought good 9mm at $7.50/50 last year. The owner of this forum even warned everyone about looking ahead and stocking up on ammo and parts.
Apparently the ones bitching on this thread weren't heeding the advice. Too bad, dudes. And if you think things are bad now, wait until late summer when the MSMedia blames our president for the Covid response and the polls indicate some lame Dem has a chance to win the upcoming election. Again, you won't be able to get anyone to ship you a box of .22 ammo for less than $30. And again it will be your fault for not heeding the advice posted for the last year on this forum.

So, out of curiosity, how do you explain the "square dealings" of PSA in October 2016 when they placed an order for 1 million dollars US worth of SIG Sauer magazines, and they cancelled the order November 9, 2016?

And I'm really curious on how people gouging on prices is my fault? Are the guys trying to sell four rolls of Charmin for $100 also my fault because I only have 30 rolls on hand? I'm really curious to how your mind works on this.

I'm all about capitalism, but you can support capitalism and have a sense of right and wrong.

I'm really curious as to how this is all my fault. How it is my fault that three guys got caught here locally buying up all the toilet paper in the early days of this "panic" and then tried to sell it for $100 a four pack. How it is my fault that PSA and others are price gouging on ammo. Please do tell.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
And I'm really curious on how people gouging on prices is my fault? Are the guys trying to sell four rolls of Charmin for $100 also my fault because I only have 30 rolls on hand?

Or the guy, when he foresaw the panic-buying coming, hit every store for hundreds of miles around and bought-up all the stock they had in hand sanitizer and other stuff, then tried to sell it for vastly inflated prices on Amazon and eBay.

That's "our" fault, too?

How about the guys who kept going around all the local stores buying up all the ammo the stores would sell them, emptying the shelves, then selling it at vastly inflated prices at gun shows and the like, during the last ammo shortages?

Free clue, my friend: These people are creating false shortages, or at least exacerbating existing shortages, then taking advantage of the condition they create, or, at the very least, make worse.

quote:
I'm really curious to how your mind works on this.

I've never understood their reasoning, either.

quote:
I'm all about capitalism, but you can support capitalism and have a sense of right and wrong.

Yup. Capitalism without a conscience is often referred-to as "rapacious capitalism."

Martin Shkreli, who acquired the rights to, then price-gouged critical drugs, and bragged about it, was a perfect example of rapacious capitalism at its worst.

posted Hide Post
Hey jones and sigmatic:
I apologize since I didn't realize I posted on the toilet paper and magazine and hand sanitizer thread. Oh, wait. I just re-read all three pages of this thread and didn't see anything about those items.
I posted about the increase in ammo prices from distributor and retailers. If those guys had to raise prices because it costs more for them to procure it, so be it.
Regarding gouging, raising prices to reflect their costs isn't gouging. Gouging is when you have infants to feed and the local grocery sees an opportunity to make a lot of money and sells formula at $60 a can.
There is currently no threat to any of you poor planners regarding ammo. It was your poor planning or misappropriation of resources when the ammo was cheap.
Apologies to any of you who just turned 21 and weren't able to legally buy pistol ammo. My remarks are not aimed at you.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey jones and sigmatic:
I apologize since I didn't realize I posted on the toilet paper and magazine and hand sanitizer thread. Oh, wait. I just re-read all three pages of this thread and didn't see anything about those items.
I posted about the increase in ammo prices from distributor and retailers. If those guys had to raise prices because it costs more for them to procure it, so be it.
Regarding gouging, raising prices to reflect their costs isn't gouging. Gouging is when you have infants to feed and the local grocery sees an opportunity to make a lot of money and sells formula at $60 a can.
There is currently no threat to any of you poor planners regarding ammo. It was your poor planning or misappropriation of resources when the ammo was cheap.
Apologies to any of you who just turned 21 and weren't able to legally buy pistol ammo. My remarks are not aimed at you.

How cute.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey jones and sigmatic:
I apologize since I didn't realize I posted on the toilet paper and magazine and hand sanitizer thread. Oh, wait. I just re-read all three pages of this thread and [remainder elided in the interest of brevity]

Wow. If we were playing Logical Fallacy Bingo this one post would be a sure winner. It's so full of logical debate fail it's hard to know where to begin, so I'll just forgo the exercise.

posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Hahaha Good point

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For anyone looking for 9mm ammo. SG Ammo has quite a bit in stock at very reasonable prices. Especially during these crazy times.

Posts: 624 | Registered: October 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Target Sports keeps have delay after delay in shipping.

At order on March 18th, showed 15 days to ship due to high volume of orders. Of course, they charged my credit card on the 18th.

After 15 days passed, their email stated they are working on orders placed the 13th, 14th, an 15th (mine placed the 18th) but that my order has been pulled and is reserved for me.

Later status changed to 3 week delay.

Excuse after excuse. After 3.5 weeks, I cancelled the order. If the refund does not show up in my account by Monday, I will dispute the charge.

It was not a large order, just a few boxes of Speer Lawman 380 ACP, some 12 ga #4 buckshot and slugs.

Posts: 1053 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post