SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Checked online for ammo since corona? It’s gone. Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Stopped by two stores in Rogers City, MI today and asked if they had any 12GA slugs. At the one store, the clerk says sure and point to 3 boxes on the shelf behind me. I grab the three boxes and he says he can only sell me one box. None at the other store. So much for trying out my new 590A1.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
whereabouts in SWFL ?

I'm in Tampa area.

Could hook you up w a trial qty if you're not too far away.

---------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I was able to find 100 rds of 12 gauge 00 buck last night.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
whereabouts in SWFL ?

I'm in Tampa area.

Could hook you up w a trial qty if you're not too far away.

---------------

Thank you for the offer, but I'm up north in Michigan for the summer. I'm stocked up on 00 buck and slugs in Port Charlotte, but I didn't bring any because I figured I'd just spend some money to help folks out here. I bought 200 target loads yesterday and 90 target clays, so I'll at least get some fun out of it.

Posts: 10821 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ruger357:
I checked 2 or 3 places. Pretty much all 223 and 9mm is gone. I’ve got a good supply but could always use more. I’m sure the price has doubled too.

I was able to order some 9MM online a few days ago from Ammunition Depot and Midsouth Shooters Supply. They didn't have a big selection but I got a few boxes including Speer, PMC, Winchester, Federal Syntec, Norma, and Meta, all FMJ. 50 round boxes.
Prices varied from $13 for Norma 115gr to $17.49 for Winchester 147gr.

Posts: 4 | Registered: June 10, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
First goes loaded ammo, now reloading components in 9mm are getting scarce. Here we go again...

Posts: 3268 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I ordered some buckshot from Sportsman's Guide about a month ago. They said it was in stock and would arrive in 4 days. I have not seen it yet.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You can always sign up for in stock notice. But last night I ordered a resupply from PSA. No rush as I’ve got stock and not in panic.

Just a matter of catching the websites as they get it on assuming no price gouging - or at least let the suckers pay that pricing.

Posts: 1746 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are folks around here putting up ads, trying to find buckshot. Why the rush for that? One guy offered a buck per round. I almost dug into my stash.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I think a lot of folks without AR's and such decided it was time to get some defensive ammo for the shotguns they hunt with.

posted Hide Post
As of right now, Lucky Gunner has in stock -

Federal 9MM HST JHP - 124 gr. +P, 161 boxes of 50
Federal .45 HST JHP - 230 gr. +P, 124 boxes of 50

Speer GD 9MM JHP - 124 gr. +P, 123 boxes of 50

Some other brands and flavors in these calibers show as in-stock.

I have no affiliation with this supplier other than being a satisfied customer with previous purchases and a new one.

Rob

Posts: 3464 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Now looking at Target Sports USA dot com website, they show in the 9mm category what seems to be their own brand, Target Sports Ammo, 9mm 124 gr, box of 50 for $17.99 per box or a by the 1,000 round case is $359.80 free shipping.

I wonder who made this ammo for them???

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
Now looking at Target Sports USA dot com website, they show in the 9mm category what seems to be their own brand, Target Sports Ammo, 9mm 124 gr, box of 50 for $17.99 per box or a by the 1,000 round case is $359.80 free shipping.

I wonder who made this ammo for them???

I bought 7.62X51 with their label - made by Lake City

The 9mm appears to be S&B

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sgalczyn,

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IIRC they talked about this back in very early 2014 when they started their first website up and running. At the time they were trying to bring in 9mm geco ammo by the container full due to the ammo crisis then.

IIRC it came out to be cheaper to go directly to raug and have them private label.

Maybe they went to S&B this time.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: DSgrouse,

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
SGA currently has 500 round batches of IMI 55gr. fmj 5.56. Price could be better, but considering what's happening, it's not too bad, about $215 plus taxes and delivery.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
SGA currently has 500 round batches of IMI 55gr. fmj 5.56. Price could be better, but considering what's happening, it's not too bad, about $215 plus taxes and delivery.

SGA "HAD" - now out of stock!

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
The only stores that have had any measurable pistol caliber ammo locally have been the Dunham's stores in Gibsonia, Mccandless and elsewhere.

But unless you happen to be there the day the shipment comes, it generally looks like this-

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It’s showing out of stock...lessons to be learned from this...as Para posted a few years ago...“buy what you need When things are quiet”...reloading stuff bullets, primers and powder is about the same around here at the local toy stores (one is trying to get $10 per 100 Wolf small rifle primers...no longer doing business with them). It’s everywhere

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
I got a note that it has been shipped. I contacted them and they told me I had not sent them the documentation they needed. I sent it and the product is in transit.

quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
I ordered some buckshot from Sportsman's Guide about a month ago. They said it was in stock and would arrive in 4 days. I have not seen it yet.