SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    .45 defense ammo in bulk?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

.45 defense ammo in bulk? Login/Join 
Picture of Rustpot
posted
I'm looking for a deal on maybe 250 of something good in .45 - Gold dot, HST, Critical Defense, etc.

Not really looking for +P.

Looking to get into carrying .45 so I need to diversify my ammo portfolio in that caliber.

Posts: 5280 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
https://www.outdoorlimited.com...gr-JHP-p/p45hst1.htm

I just bought this last week, Federal HST, for $25.95/box of 50. Shipping was reasonable. It is +P, but it's not that big of a deal, velocity is 950 fps versus 890 fps for the standard HST.

It was my first time ordering from Outdoor Limited, but all went well and I can recommend them based on my one experience.

Posts: 1917 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
https://www.outdoorlimited.com...gr-JHP-p/p45hst1.htm

I just bought this last week, Federal HST, for $25.95/box of 50. Shipping was reasonable. It is +P, but it's not that big of a deal, velocity is 950 fps versus 890 fps for the standard HST.

It was my first time ordering from Outdoor Limited, but all went well and I can recommend them based on my one experience.

Same place has the best price I've found on 230gr Gold Dot standard pressure, at $23.45 for 50

They also have Ranger Bonded .40 cal for $19.50 per 50, and a decent price on range ammo 9mm.

A little heavy on shipping charges, though. $22 for 14 boxes of ammo!

Posts: 5280 | Location: Rochester Hills, MI | Registered: January 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17300 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freedom Muntions.

Posts: 4358 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rustpot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ulsterman:
Freedom Muntions.

I use them for bulk range ammo and slightly better than average range ammo for my rifles for prices a LOT lower than most, especially in something like .308. Without loading myself they produce a very affordable 168 A-MAX load that shoots very consistently for my SCAR and will be used for hunting.

The ammo, in general, is of a lower quality than name brands. I have gotten XTP loads in 124gr 9mm from their "new" selection since the price wasn't much more than ball, but given their track record I'd be hesitant to put it in a carry gun.

Plus they're sold out of .45 JHP.

Picture of jrams28
posted Hide Post
I bought some ball 9mm and .45acp through Freedom a few weeks back, but have not tried it yet. I was thinking of getting the free shipping on thanksgiving deal they got going to get some XTP .45acp, but i was like you. Did not know if i should trust it with my life???? I may just wait and look for deals on HST 230 grain. Do you know any deals?

"This is my SIG. There are many like it, but this one is mine".

Posts: 381 | Location: Missouri | Registered: September 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post