SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo? Login/Join 
Picture of jprebb
posted
A coworker that lives in Illinois just got his FOID card and is looking to buy a 9mm pistol. However he stated that he couldn't find any 9mm ammo.

Does anyone have a source for some bulk ammo that is not price gouging?

Thanks,
JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Big Grin

Seriously though, his best bet is to get on the notification list at places like SGAmmo, Aim Surplus, Midway, Brownells, etc., and simply be patient and be ready to jump if he gets an in stock notification.

(Have him double check that these places will ship to Illinois, as some/many won't.)

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jprebb:
A coworker that lives in Illinois just got his FOID card and is looking to buy a 9mm pistol. However he stated that he couldn't find any 9mm ammo.

Does anyone have a source for some bulk ammo that is not price gouging?

Thanks,
JP

Does he live near GAT Guns in East Dundee? They usually have enough 9MM to sell a box with a new gun purchase but always best to call first. They were keeping all their 9MM for range use and new gun purchases only until supply improves a bit.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
If he finds a gun he wants, I will sell him a box of 9. I am in central Illinois.

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Does he live near GAT Guns in East Dundee?

He's not far from there. He's in Hoffman Estates.

Thanks for the info!
JP

Posts: 2041 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxwayne:
If he finds a gun he wants, I will sell him a box of 9. I am in central Illinois.

I will pass that info along.

Thanks!
JP

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by grumpy1:
Does he live near GAT Guns in East Dundee?

He's not far from there. He's in Hoffman Estates.

Thanks for the info!
JP

He is pretty close to them. GAT is outside of Cook County too so that means he does not have to pay $25 Cook County sin tax on a new pistol and also on any ammo.

https://www.gatguns.com/

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Because you are a member here, I will give him a box of ammo if he comes and gets it. I hope he can buy some near where he lives. He might also try Megasports.

quote:
quote:

I will pass that info along.

Thanks!
JP

Posts: 5610 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Because you are a member here, I will give him a box of ammo if he comes and gets it. I hope he can buy some near where he lives. He might also try Megasports.

That's very generous of you! Thank you!

JP

Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I’m by Lake Geneva, WI. I could spare a fresh 50 round factory pack too. Just an option.

Posts: 6129 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you go to the big gun auction site you can find any ammo you want. But you will have to pay much higher prices.

Many normal sources of online ammo do not show ammo per their sites. But they do have it and will only sell it (at higher prices) on that auction site.

Posts: 238 | Location: SW OH | Registered: September 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
expensive but available:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=091620

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
expensive but available:

https://www.sportsmansoutdoors...&utm_campaign=091620

$.80 a round, holy hell.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i agree prices are crazy

but if someone were in dire need -- at least its available at the moment

--------------------------------------

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1st_Amend
posted Hide Post
Hello All,

I am a new member of SIGforum, and the Illinois resident mentioned in the thread, AND AND ... new owner of a P365 on the way....

Thanks to jprebb and all for the welcome!

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 17, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jprebb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1st_Amend:
Hello All,

I am a new member of SIGforum, and the Illinois resident mentioned in the thread, AND AND ... new owner of a P365 on the way....

Thanks to jprebb and all for the welcome!

You're going to love this forum! Welcome!!!

JP

posted Hide Post
You guys on here impress me everyday. Always looking out and willing to help

Posts: 436 | Location: Virginia | Registered: October 10, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quite a bit cheaper here :

https://www.recoilgunworks.com...rd-case-p-42239.html

Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quite a bit cheaper here :

https://www.recoilgunworks.com...rd-case-p-42239.html

$600 per case is cheaper? Hard no I pass...

Posts: 2155 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rushfan65
posted Hide Post
Sig's website has 124gr available now, $18.95 a box.

Posts: 379 | Location: Margate, FL | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post