SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone know where I can find 9mm ammo? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I ordered early Sat morning, they have not charged my cc or sent me an email about using PayPal. A pal here in town who ordered 9mm on Sunday DID get a note to use PayPal.

Empire is sounding sketchy, but if they deliver the mini-shells I'll get over it.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered with credit card over the weekend. I got email saying there system doesnt accept credit cards and to send paypal friends and family. they sent invoice with no shipping charge on it. I am uneasy with this, so I wont complete this transaction.

Posts: 82 | Location: Tiffin OH | Registered: June 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered some of the Blazer Brass. I received a confirmation with an order number but no shipping charge or sales tax. My credit card hasn't been hit yet so I agree that something smells here.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter24:
I ordered with credit card over the weekend. I got email saying there system doesnt accept credit cards and to send paypal friends and family. they sent invoice with no shipping charge on it. I am uneasy with this, so I wont complete this transaction.

I don't think you have any protection with Paypal Friends and Family. Does not pass the smell test imo.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Reading through the faq's on Empire's site I came across the following. I ordered some Blazer yesterday with a credit card i only use online because I was a little less than comfortable when I ordered.

All payments are done via escrow and do not cancel escrow once you receive your order, else we will track you and information will be compromise. Dont try to outsmart us.

Posts: 3437 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking out loud here - I do not think a person can file a claim with PP on a no receipt of goods if said purchase is gun or ammo related without jeopardizing their account being locked by PP...I stand to be corrected but I think their policies clearly state that they do not allow or support PP payments for said items so the buyer would be at 100% risk.....

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys:
Out of curiosity from your posts I went to the website and found this:
https://empiregunshop.com/prod...azer-9mm-ammunition/
In these times, why do y'all think you can buy Blazer Brass in 9mm for $11 per 50 rounds from a legit source?
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Guys - Not sure why but the address that "Empire Gun Shop" is using actually belongs to a company named "Precision Armory Gun Shop". Maybe it is a gun shop with in a gun shop for internet sales but it does seem odd as they also are using a different phone number for each company.

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Top Gun Supply
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, I have no idea who these guys are, but I would be very careful. I don't even know what this means from their "our story" page.

"Many people ask where the name Empire gunshop came and from; years of an entrepreneur selling firearms and ammunition on the dark web for cheap prices developed a repeat customer base we fell in love with one of our best markets Empire gunshops and we decided to name it after the darknet market. During one of these sales when firearms were still a place for buyers in Empire gunshop, we had a lot of understanding and how customers prefer escrow."

https://www.topgunsupply.com

SIG SAUER Dealer and Parts Distributor

Posts: 10338 | Location: Ohio | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
They are total BS. The fact they want payment with Paypal Friends and Family funds transfer is all you need to know. It's a scam.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
It's a scam. Mad

There is an Empire Gun Shop in NV that may or may not be legit. The same too-good-to-be-true ammo deals were posted on a local TX firearm classifieds site, also under the banner of Empire.

It's unclear to me if the Empire Gun website is a legitimate extension of the gun store, or if someone is hijacking their web storefront, but members on the TX classifieds found that it is 100% a scam.

Also, if you see anything directing you to or affiliated w/ Cooperate Handguns, that site is 100% a scam.

Posts: 3172 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The reason they don't accept credit cards and want PayPal F&F is because PayPal converts to Bit Coin.

Posts: 920 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

Empire Gunshop in Las Vegas DOES NOT EXIST...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...3106699/m/3030072674

Posts: 2852 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry fellas. I just got home. The Ammo I received was not from empire.

Posts: 1740 | Registered: December 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pray tell....where did the ammo come from ?

posted Hide Post
Optics planet.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1flynDO:
Optics planet.

I have a bunch of ammo still on backorder from Optics planet and it is slowing coming in. Some orders are from early September and the good thing is that I am locked in on the order date price. I usually have a 10% discount code and with free shipping over $49.00 their prices are hard to beat if you don't mind their long shipping times.

Looking back on invoices I see that in August I ordered (and received) a 1000 round case of Win 9mm delivered for $213.25.

I use PayPal and Discover for OP purchases and wondered how they get away with using PayPal

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I ordered the Ammo some time ago and just received it. Been shooting now more than I have in awhile. I think it will be years again before it is cheap.

Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
Federal's website has odd sized home defense available, as well as 9mm home defense and practice. I've always had good luck with their shipping and the prices aren't way out there.

federal

Posts: 1979 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
I didn't know before that Federal had a retail sales site. Any of the other major manufacturers? Hornady? (Yes, I could look myself, but sometimes the right results don't show up.)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post