SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    WWB .45 230gr 200 rd box at Academy, .21 cents per round
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWB .45 230gr 200 rd box at Academy, .21 cents per round Login/Join 
Picture of policetruck
posted
So you can verify this on slick guns/gun deals, but I just bought 3 boxes from academy.com with their code spring10. They have free shipping and you get $10 off a purchase of over $50. Trick is they let you use the coupon for each purchase, so I just bought the three boxes individually.

The rest of the rebate is mail in via Winchester. So if you suck at doing mail in rebates, it's still about .27 per round.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
It's not Winchester "White Box." That's Q4170 and comes in a 50 round box. For decades. It picked up the "WWB" moniker way back then. It's viewed as the base commercial offering from Winchester in 45 ACP.

The 200 round bulk packs are "USA45W". Different ammo. In my experience, lower quality. Great for practice - not as good for shooting groups as Q4170 (WWB). YMMV.

All of the bulk packs feature a different line of ammunition, and are not WWB.

Q4170 (WWB) is $17.54 a box ($19.00 w/tax) at Walmarts across the country. 38 cents a round. I would not bulk packs of what, in my experience is inferior ammunition - if the price was comparable.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information, I was unaware of the specifics of WWB.

I fail to see how $19.00 for a box of Q4170 is $.19 per round. I got $.38 per round. Unless the box is more than 50, which I also don't understand since you said all bulk packs are not WWB (Q4170).

Maybe I misunderstood.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1186 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
I corrected my math. (Reloading allows me to assemble 45 ACP rounds at half of factory ammunition. I confused myself.)

They (WWB) are 50 round boxes.

You weren't specific on actual prices - but if you're looking for plinking ammunition and it's end cost is actually .27 cents per round (after jumping the hoops) - it should be fine for the purpose.

The bonus is reclaiming the brass for reloading.

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post