SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Target Sports 5.56 1000 rounds
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target Sports 5.56 1000 rounds Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted
So this is available right now:
Lake City Ammunition
Target Sports USA Lake City 5.56x45mm SS109 Ammo 62 Grain FMJ Penetrator 1000 Rounds

It is 599.00 plus shipping. At .60 cents per round this seems like a lot of money. Am I crazy for not buying it? All ammo has gone up from pricing on SGAMMO from the ad to where you order it and some have nearly doubled in price. I am way too new at this 5.56 game to know if this is good ammo or not. I am familiar with Lake City as it's in Missouri near KC

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 236 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sold a bulk pack of penetrator from Lake City last weekend at a show and got $600 for it. Guy asked me if I had more. Sold another case of IMI for a bit more. Dude across from me was selling steel cased .223 for a buck apiece so I didn't feel as bad about my asking price.
One of these days, you will be able to get it again for $260 or so. Just depends on how quickly you want it.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if you need it -- buy a case

if you DONT need it -- skip that

during the crush of 2013 my high water mark for 556 was ~$725 for a 1,200 rd case of IMI fwiw

supply / demand is a thing

predictably looks like its gone now -- without ammo your rifle is a paper weight

dudes will be selling those cases at a gun show next weekend for $800 / case Wink

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The green tip is not the most accurate 5.56 out there...personally I wouldn’t give anywhere near that (but I stocked up on ammo and reloading stuff “when things are quiet”...thanks Para)...that being said...it’s a personal thing if you have a rifle and no ammunition for it...it’s up to you and your finances..if it’s worth It.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post