SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    2000 rds of Wolf Gold for $587 with free shipping
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2000 rds of Wolf Gold for $587 with free shipping Login/Join 
posted
http://www.the-armory.com/shop...tml/product1887.html

Use coupon code GOLDSHIP. Offer good for 72 hours. Did not see this on the www site, it's in an email with other 223 deals.

Must...resist...have...much...ammo...already...

Posts: 11929 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

Must...resist
No you shouldn't
quote:
...have...much...ammo...already...

No you don't.

I like Wolf Gold, it's my go to ammo for plinking and training. I'd be all over this if I wasn't focusing on 9mm right now.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7825 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
.223 Rem is _not_ the same as 5.56 NATO M193

A Level III steel plate from my own test:

Wolf Gold .223 Rem at the top, M855 bottom left, M193 bottom right... all shot from 25 feet. The M193 is the only round to penetrate.

The Wolf is good ammo, I have 1000 rounds myself including those I used for the test above, but here is South African military manufacturer M193 for $.31/round shipped... plus ammo can:

https://www.freedommunitions.c...93-fmj-bulk-new.html

Packed military style in 20 round boxes in the GI can. IMO much more effective ammo at a much lower price.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21253 | Location: 9200 ft in Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great photo, Tank. I had read (on the internet, of course) that Wolf Gold 223 was loaded "almost" as hot as M193, but your test shows M193 is still hotter.

I have a large amount of M193 for SHTF, but for range use it's mostly 223. I bought some Wold Gold a year ago but I'm still shooting 223 I bought in 2010.

Posts: 11929 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post