SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Good price on .22 Mini-mags at Walmart
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good price on .22 Mini-mags at Walmart Login/Join 
Smarter than the
average bear
posted
A local Walmart has CCI Mini-mags for $7.47 for the 100 round box of hollow points. Definitely worth checking if you need some.

Someone sent me a photo of their receipt, so I don't know if they have limits or what the inventory looks like, but he bought 3 boxes.

Posts: 3425 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Questions = Harassment
posted Hide Post
My local Walmart is limit to 3 boxes of any ammo.
I snagged a 125rnd box of CCI .22 WMR for $21.00
They are also not selling rifles anymore, only blackpowder.

Posts: 370 | Location: VA | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stock and gun sales at Walmart vary widely from state to state and even store to store. We have 4 in my area, one has totally stripped out the gun counter while the 3 others remain unchanged

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by captain127:
Stock and gun sales at Walmart vary widely from state to state and even store to store. We have 4 in my area, one has totally stripped out the gun counter while the 3 others remain unchanged

Yeah, apart from the existing differences from state to state, word from Walmart Corporate is that they're consolidating the number of stores that sell guns and ammo to fewer stores within a given geographical area, nationwide. So if the Walmarts in your area sell guns and ammo, it won't be every store any more.

Posts: 32432 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My latest buying adventures for .22 ammo:
My one local old school dealer has a fair amount in stock, no scalper price, limit 2 boxes. He is on the extreme other side of town so I need to make a specific trip to get there. He is only open 9-5 M-F and I work most of those hours. I get a chance to get there once a week, but tend to burn up 200 rounds weekly so replacing at a 50% rate will run my supply low within about a year.
Strolled into the local Walmart and they had 100 round Winchester packs on the shelf ( not my first choice but can’t be picky these days) $8 each limit 2.
All other local sources ( sportsman’s warehouse big 5 smaller local shops ) are either empty or in the case of some smaller shops, charging scalper price.
My usual on line sources are out, even of the European match ammo I prefer ( SK and eley)

Posts: 3271 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I rarely go to a Walmart but was passing right by the local on Wednesday and stopped in for a look and they also had the Winchester Super X 40 grain copper plated 1300 FPS in the plastic box 100 count for just over $8 so I bought 5, no limit at that Walmart. Back home the reviews for it were excellent at TSA so I was going by today again and picked up 5 more boxes and they still had 40-50 left and also some Winchester bulk 333 packs for $18. No Federal, Remington, or CCI 22LR though. I am pretty good shape with 22LR but wife decided to take up shooting during this current ammo shortage so I wanted to pad supply some more.

I talked to nice lady in sporting goods that rang me up and she said all the 22LR is on constant order and they never know what and when they will get any in but it does show up now and then rather than "almost never" LOL.

Posts: 9730 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post