SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Great buy at Walmart on ammo storage boxes...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Great buy at Walmart on ammo storage boxes... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
I stopped by the "nice" Walmart on the other side of town (the one two miles up the road from my house sucks...I hate it) to pick up a couple of things...
Long story short I picked up 6 (all they had out) of the Plano Shotshell boxes on clearance for $2.50 each (regularly $4.88)...I like these, they are made in the USA and have a good O-ring seal with a secure locking hasp and they stack well... But the BIG plus is that they are manageable (unlike the .50 cans) when filled with loose bulk ammo Smile)...this is supposed to be Walmart wide according to the sporting goods girl (my up the road for shit Walmart was sold out when I checked)...

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fusternc
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! Quite a deal.

Posts: 1373 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
will have to look for some of these - I would probably use them for other than ammo storage though

---------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
will have to look for some of these - I would probably use them for other than ammo storage though

---------------------------------------

You would probably be surprised how many LEGOs my grandson can fit into these...my daughter loves them Razz

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
great buy. I have been trying to buy them all summer long. They are always sold out. Then I showed up one day and they were clearance at 4.00 a piece and I bought the 4 that they had left!!!! Still happy as the local Scheels has them for 10.00 a piece.

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not Today
Picture of badcopnodonut!!
posted Hide Post
These are great. I use them for small tools, parts etc. I need a few more. Thanks for posting.

Hi,I'm Buck Melonoma,Moley Russels' wart.

Posts: 2926 | Location: sunflower state | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Harbor Freight has a similar box. Shelf tag price is $6.99, but depending on which coupon you have, you can buy them for $2.99 or $3.99

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post