SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Australian Outback .300 Blackout 125 grain Serra Matchking ammunition $0.43 per round...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Australian Outback .300 Blackout 125 grain Serra Matchking ammunition $0.43 per round... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
...$172.75 for 400 rounds including shipping...

https://globalordnance.com/buy...125-gr-hp-matchking/

I've never heard of this brand nor the company selling it...Global Ordnance out of Florida...but I ordered 400 rounds...hopefully they still have have it stock...

Anyone here on the forum familiar with either?

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have no experience with Global Ordnance.

I have shot ADI and/or Aussie Outback -- I'm uncertain if they're the same company, or different product lines within a master company.

I shot few boxes of "ADI MSR" 144 grain FMJ 300blk ammo. The boxes had the same general type of packaging as the cases shown in the Global Ordnance website. The cost was quite reasonable, even cheap. The ammo shot like crap in my 11" SBR. Worst ammo of the 16 types of ammo I've shot through this barrel so far. Accuracy of 3-4 MOA, with no discernible pattern of variation. Flyers in all directions. Horrible accuracy.

Now the ammo labeled under the "Australian Outback" label, with a deep blue sky and the red rock formation in the distance is a whole different story. In 300blk, loaded with 125 SMK bullets, this is the most accurate ammo in my SBR. Sub-MOA groups out to 375 yards, which is the furthest I've measured groups. Only Barnes 110 grain ammo has been in this league for me.

The blue sky & red rock labeled ammo for 223 and 308 has also been very accurate in my bolt action rifles. Bullets were both SMK (223 and 308) and Sierra Blitzking (223). I'd be cautious -- I suspect that the ammo in the ad from Global Ordnance isn't the good stuff.

Posts: 7853 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Global Ordnance sent me a FedEx tracking number...so I shall find out how it shoots in a week or so...

This ammo has made me curious...just quick look around the internet shows the blue sky/red rock 20 round box and the black ADI 20 round box have different UPC codes but both show the same 125 grain Sierra Matchking HP bullet being used in both...plus the blue sky/red rock box is packaged in the ubiquious plastic sleeves we see in Winchester/Remington/Federal/etc. while the black ADI box shows them packaged in 5 round sealed "blister packs" (which seems like expensive overkill for ammo) which makes me wonder if this is some sort of Aussy military overrun (their .556 855 is packaged the same way from what I've seen)...

Plus their 144 grain .300 FMJ ammo has a black finished case (what's up with that?) packaged in the same 5 round blister packs...

If it turns out to be crap...I will still have 400 cases to reload and a weekend's worth of blasting ammo for the upcoming family shoot/camp out in May Big Grin...

Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I'm on the fence. I've got my first 300 BO upper on the way. Credit card getting hard to hold on to.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8838 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I received the shipment today...the order was quickly filled and shipped by Global Ordnance (ordered Jan. 20th...order filled and picked up by FedEx on the 21st)...then FedEx apparently delivered the order to the wrong distribution center for my location which was finally tracked down, corrected and arrived today (this is almost worth it's own post in the "What's Your Deal" section...but alls well that ends well and everybody makes mistakes...FedEx has been solid until this shipment)...

The ammo was sealed in these 10 round plastic sealed packages...125 grain Sierra MatchKing hollow point bullets...cases annealed and primers crimped...

It looks like quality ammo...range report to follow when I shoot it...

Global Ordnance seems like a GTG company and I will order from them again...if this shoots well I will place another order if it's still available...the price is to good to pass up on .300 BLK Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

Jimmy Buffet

For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Mine was shipped quickly as well. Only took two days to get here.

And FedEx didn't knock so I rerouted it to a local FedEx store. It got there today and 12 minutes later it went back on the truck because the local center refuses to accept ammo. So I finally made it to the FedEx hub and picked it up.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 7993 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post