SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Speer .223 Remington 75gr Gold Dot
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Speer .223 Remington 75gr Gold Dot Login/Join 
posted
PSA has this back in stock this morning, albeit at $12.99/ box of 20. And no free shipping with it yet. Not a super deal but if you have been waiting for it to re-stock......
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The 64gr continues to be on sale and free shipping for 10+ boxes:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...unition-20rds-24448/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I shall bide my time...and wait for the 9.99 sale

AND STRIKE LIKE A BOLT OF LIGHTNING!!!!!

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:

The 64gr is on sale all the time - like now - but I can't recall seeing 75gr for $10/bx with free shipping. 75gr is now out of stock, so much for your bolt of lightning. Smile

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ion-20rds-24475.html

I've bought "lots" of the 64gr and can't justify getting any more.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:

How does that 64 gr .223 perform ballistically (e.g.: POI at various ranges) compared to 5.56mm 62 gr green tip?

I just bought a 420-round can of Federal 5.56 62 gr (and kicking myself finding I could've got free shipping from PSA). If I buy another 200 rounds of EBR ammo I think my wife'll want to Have Words with me :/

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmund:
quote:
Originally posted by RobLew:

The 64gr is on sale all the time - like now - but I can't recall seeing 75gr for $10/bx with free shipping. 75gr is now out of stock, so much for your bolt of lightning. Smile

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ion-20rds-24475.html

Oh, it was on sale at one point, probably around the middle of the epic Speer 64gr Gold Dot thread. I'm kicking myself that I didn't buy some then.

Will. Not. Make. The. Same. Mistake.

...that I will support
and defend...

Posts: 870 | Location: Northern VA | Registered: July 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Previously I bought the 62 gr on sale and it shoots wonderfully through my Varmint Special 700 but I have wanted to try the 75 grains stuff and see if my barrel can stabilize it out to 150 yds or so. I shall know shortly.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
All things considered, I went ahead and snagged 10 boxes of that 64 gr. stuff while it was still available, still on sale (ends at noon, EDT, today, I think) and had free shipping. Hard to beat 50¢/rnd. for SD ammo.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ensigmatic,

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went ahead and ordered 10 as well. Ordered thirty back when the sale first started.

Posts: 1562 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will have to wait to see how it shoots. They sent me the wrong ammo.
bb

posted Hide Post

Posts: 1918 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post