SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Ammo stocks .
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ammo stocks . Login/Join 
posted
I'm getting older and I don't shoot as much as I used to . I figure that at my current rate of consumption , I probably have enough 9mm and .22 LR to last me the rest of my life . Those are what I shoot the most . I still pick up a little bit if I stumble on some at Academy ,etc. What I don't have a lot of is 45 acp and .38 spcl . Academy had 45 acp the other night so I bought the three box limit . A little here a little there ...

Posts: 4048 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I just had the same conversation with my friend today. Prior to the panic I had enough of everything (range ammo) to last 3 - 5 years; what I didn't realize is I didn't have as much self defense ammo as I wanted/needed.

I've been correcting that over the last few months, doing exactly what you mention selogic. We don't have Academy here but we do have a local store called Fin, Feather & Fur. They have limits of 1 box for each caliber per day. With the different FFF stores and checking Gunbroker I've gotten to where I'm comfortable with my self defense ammo but will keep stocking up a little at a time as I find more.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
i am not sweating the HD amount much

nice to have plenty obviously ... but a 17 rd mag of FMJ will do fine too if it comes to that

I'm never going to pay $50+ for a box of JHP

--------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I rarely shoot my SD hollowpoints. But I have enough for a sustained fire fight lol

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ace31
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

nice to have plenty obviously ... but a 17 rd mag of FMJ will do fine too if it comes to that

Sad part is that prices will never come down now. Folks the salad days are OVER. Frown

Posts: 2162 | Location: Wherever the voices in my head tell me to go | Registered: April 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace31:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

Sad part is that prices will never come down now. Folks the salad days are OVER. Frown

They went down in 2011. It might take a little longer this time. especially if shooting takes with all the new gun owners.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have not purchased any SD ammo in a while but have picked up a good bit of fmj 9mm, 223 REM/5.56 XM193, and 7.62X51. Also Winchester and IMI M855 5.56. All at decent prices, higher than 1 year ago but reasonable.

Also picked up several boxes on Winchester and Federal 308 and 270 Win.

Picked up 2 boxes on CCI Blazer Aluminum 9mm 115 gr fmj for $13.99 ea and a 100 rd box of Federal 223 REM 55 gr fmj for $49.99 yesterday at Scheels. They had several cases of the Blazer, limit 2 boxes.

Got 10 boxes of Fiocchi 115 gr fmj on the 30th, 2 boxes for each family member with me.

Picked up some Fiocchi 9mm 124 gr a few weeks earlier.

Also had good luck with 12 ga buckshot and slugs at pre COVID prices.

I am good on everything except 380 acp, 38 special, and 45-70 govt.

Posts: 1061 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post