SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Brownell's sale on NORMA TAC .223 with discount code and free shipping...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Brownell's sale on NORMA TAC .223 with discount code and free shipping... Login/Join 
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted
$149.99 for 500 rounds...BUT ended up being .27 per round using discount code PKA for a 10% discount and free shipping...I just ordered 1000 rounds for $270 shipped ...
This has always performed beyond my expectations, as far as being very accurate in my .223 Wylde build...seems like premium ammo (while not match ammo per se) at a reasonable price point.

https://www.brownells.com/ammu...zzClearance%7cRebate

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Your link did not work. Is this the ammo?

https://www.brownells.com/ammu...zzClearance%7cRebate

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...that's it. Sorry about the broken link Frown... Thank you Sir Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this is the same ammo, carton is marked "Tactical," not "TAC." It's $269/case (that's $.27/rd for residents of Rio Linda) with free shipping:

https://www.targetsportsusa.co...9b&mc_eid=ed943126ac

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Sigmund,

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bisley - Got the free shipping but the discount had ended BUT I am happy happy with $150.00 for 500 rounds delivered....Best price I can find locally is $179 plus 7% sales tax for 500 rounds...Thanks again for posting.....Mark

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I followed the link to TargetSportsUSA, and read the reviews and Q & A. It seems that this ammo is rebranded XM193 from Lake City. And it may actually be 5.56, not .223. Read the details and answers given here:

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
I followed the link to TargetSportsUSA, and read the reviews and Q & A. It seems that this ammo is rebranded XM193 from Lake City. And it may actually be 5.56, not .223. Read the details and answers given here:

I flagged that earlier - it's actually my question in the FAQ they clarified to be 223.

"Question:Question above noted this is LC 5.56 relabeled as 223. As such it should not be safe to use is a 223 chamber bolt action per SAAMI. Can you confirm the mixed info here? - stanley (07/18/2019)
Response:Hi Stanley, sorry about that mix up. We have confirmed that this 223 ammo is made by Lake City by Norma standards and it is .223 not 5.56mm. Thank you"

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
Decent deal if wasn't for the tax. All things considered I would rather just order from sgammo. Their winchester 5.56 62GR made in Sweden is pretty good stuff.

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 406 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
J387:

Any idea how the Sweden 62grain compares to Magtech 62gr?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
J387:

Any idea how the Sweden 62grain compares to Magtech 62gr?

Never tried the magtec 62gr, but I went with the winchester based on it being around 100 fps faster. I don’t remember the source but supposedly the stuff is made by lapua with a winchester brass stamp.

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 406 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post