SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Where to find best price on Fusion MSR 5.56 and Sig brand 10mm?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Where to find best price on Fusion MSR 5.56 and Sig brand 10mm? Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking to get some of each, the Fusion MSR for my AR15 and some Sig brand 180gr FMJ 10mm.

Looking for an Alaskan Malamute? Look here: http://www.moonsongmals.org
Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !

Posts: 6310 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
For Fusion MSR .223 62 grain (Load # F223MSR1), $17.38 is the cheapest I could find from a retailer that I recognize:

https://www.budsgunshop.com/ca...hp/products_id/85766

(There are a couple places with it for a few cents cheaper, but I've never heard of them and their websites seem kinda hinky.)

However, Fusion rounds use Gold Dot bullet design, and you can get Gold Dot 64 grain .223 for $11.99 at Palmetto State Armory:

http://palmettostatearmory.com...ion-20rds-24448.html

I'd recommend stocking up on that instead.

Posts: 17299 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
PSA has the best price on Fusion (sale, when in stock) and Gold Dot in .223 that I have ever seen. I'd buy the cheaper gold dot and sleep well at night.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Cabelas has the Sig 10mm on sale for $24 a box of 50.
$5 shipping over $99
http://www.cabelas.com/product...roducts&Ntt=sig+10mm

Best price I have seen by $1. Local shop usually has a bit for $24.99.
It is my 220s favorite ammo.

--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard

Posts: 16947 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
PSA has the best price on Fusion (sale, when in stock) and Gold Dot in .223 that I have ever seen. I'd buy the cheaper gold dot and sleep well at night.

What does it usually go for when PSA has it on sale? It's about $21 plus shipping now and I'm not sure that's going to get any better in the climate we are in.

Posts: 5669 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
PSA has had Fusion .223 on sale for ~$15 per 20 round box in the past year.

So the Gold Dots are not only cheaper, but they're also currently available at that sale price.

Posts: 17299 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I didn't realize the Gold Dots were on sale at the $12.99 price. It looks like the 64 and 75GR are the same price.

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
I didn't realize the Gold Dots were on sale at the $12.99 price. It looks like the 64 and 75GR are the same price.

Yes, they normally sell for closer to $20 per box.

PSA had the Gold Dots for even cheaper a few months ago. (As discussed here: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...3106699/m/3310064993 ) They used to be $9.99 per 20, but the price has crept up by another dollar every few weeks for the past couple months.

The 55 grain Gold Dots are still $9.99 at PSA, though.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I'm going to grab a few. Do you have a preference between the 75 and 64 grain?

Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Personally, I stock 64 grain.

But 75 grain is also a good choice, provided your twist rate is fast enough to stabilize the heavier projectile. (Preferably 1:8 or 1:7.)

The 75 grain performs well in testing, and offers better long-range performance, but has only been out for about 1.5 years. So it doesn't have the track record of the more popular and well-established 55 or 64 grain Gold Dots. (And personally, I don't need the long range advantages.)

We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
I know a guy that hunts deer with the 75 grain gold dot. I think he used buffalo bore before. Anyhow he really likes it. W don't my have big deer down here but he says it works really well.

-----------------------------------------------------------
9mm
.38 special
7.62x39

Posts: 4748 | Location: BPensacola, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Report This Post