SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Does Anyone Actually Buy Tulammo or Wolf?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Does Anyone Actually Buy Tulammo or Wolf? Login/Join 
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I've shot 9mm and 5.56 wolf without any noticeable issues. There was a time when ammo was hard to come by. Wolf and Tula were one of the options when you needed something to shot and train with.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 15622 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The few steel cased rounds I have spent worked just fine in 9mm and 5.56x45. Still brass or nickel plated brass has not harmed the magazines, extractors or ejectors because the brass is soft. I haven't broken anything with the steel cased ammo.

Posts: 56 | Registered: September 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I've used both the lacquer and polymer .5.56 ammo with no issues. I've used Wolf in 45 ACP, and 9 MM. I'm currently running through about 2k of WPA 9 MM with no issues in anything I've shot it through. The only issue I had was out of a brand new G23 running a 9 MM convesion barrel. The new recoil spring needed about 200 rounds of full power FMJ before the gun would run on anything steel cased.

Posts: 6554 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I run steel case through my POF rifles, that's what they use at their full auto shoots by the pallet.

Posts: 16 | Registered: January 07, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I use it in my Stemple SMG.

They actually recommend steel case ammo, and Tulammo is their go to.

Posts: 1383 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dmurray:
The few steel cased rounds I have spent worked just fine in 9mm and 5.56x45. Still brass or nickel plated brass has not harmed the magazines, extractors or ejectors because the brass is soft. I haven't broken anything with the steel cased ammo.

The mild ("soft") steel used in steel cases has a similar hardness to brass. It is significantly softer than the harder steel used in extractors/ejectors/slides/bolts/etc.

You won't break parts in your gun by using steel cased ammo. That's more internet urban legend BS. Not all steel is created equal; there's a wide variety of steel formulations with different properties for different purposes.

Posts: 24373 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post