SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Still sucks in Maas and some local shops sell 50 rds for $6 of more.

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6"

Posts: 1053 | Registered: February 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
One of the local Wal-Marts took the price stickers off the shelf because it's been so long since they had any.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
My LGS finally has some in stock but at least 12 cents a round. About triple what it was going for in late 2012.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wildflush:
Still sucks in Maas and some local shops sell 50 rds for $6 of more.

I load 9mm for less than that.

Makes sense for me to get a Ruger Police Carbine to replace the old 10-22...

Posts: 137 | Registered: April 06, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
I stopped in at WalMart in Gilford NH this morning for some items. I checked out the ammo case, and the clerk had just finished stoking it with Federal Automatch, 325 round boxes for $18.00.
I grabbed 3, which is their daily limit.
They had 30 boxes this morning, I'll bet it is gone by now!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sjames
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 45_Auto:
I stopped in at WalMart in Gilford NH this morning for some items. I checked out the ammo case, and the clerk had just finished stoking it with Federal Automatch, 325 round boxes for $18.00.
I grabbed 3, which is their daily limit.
They had 30 boxes this morning, I'll bet it is gone by now!

I had an almost identical experience at the Walmart in Temple, TX on Friday. I just swung by the counter while we were picking up groceries. The counter guy said it had come in that morning and there were still several boxes at 2 in the afternoon.

It was the first time I had seen .22 ammo on the shelf in quantity in some time!

Posts: 2505 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: August 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My local gun shop has more 22LR on the shelf. Still holding to 50 rounds at a time.

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia/North Carolina | Registered: March 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Been getting 525s at Academy regularly.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flyingron:
My local gun shop has more 22LR on the shelf. Still holding to 50 rounds at a time.

What LGS are you talking about??

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marlin Fan:
quote:
Originally posted by flyingron:

What LGS are you talking about??

Virgina Arms in Manassas, VA. Cheap FFL transfers and reasoanble prices on what they have. One of the better "full service" shops in the area in my opinion.

Posts: 418 | Location: Virginia/North Carolina | Registered: March 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Virgina Arms in Manassas, VA. Cheap FFL transfers and reasoanble prices on what they have. One of the better "full service" shops in the area in my opinion.

Thanks, too bad for me. I'm in North Carolina.

Posts: 1548 | Registered: October 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King of Goodness
Picture of varoadking
posted Hide Post
quote:

THE best...

Posts: 6699 | Location: Dixie | Registered: February 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I was at local Cabela's yesterday and they had tons and tons of center fire ammo but not a single round of .22 LR and I have not seen any in same Cabela's in over a year.

LGS always has .22 LR at 12 cents a round or more.

Posts: 9737 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made the rounds yesterday because I needed some stuff for the new Shotgun I bought and found this:

Walmart: CCI 100 rounds/$6.99. Best price I've seen in 22LR since it started being scarce.
LGS #1: Now has a decent amount of 22LR in stock, 1 box maximum (nothing over 100 rounds), nothing even approaching a dime a round.
Gander Mountain: Nada.
LGS #2: Still has some Federal 525 round boxes. Right around $.11 /round.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: flyingron,

recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by varoadking:
quote:

THE best...

I have always been very impressed with that store. Used them for a bunch of transfers, and Bernie is a class act.

I always email him to see what price he can do for rifles before I order online.

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The supply thing seems very regionalized. In New York now by law we can not buy on line and have it shipped basically local purchase only. I have encountered locally stocked 22 only a few times in the past three years. Oddly enough just over the border in PA there are three stores about a mile apart ( dicks sporting goods gander mountain and field and stream) have gone there twice and both times all three stores had tons in stock. Funny how sixty miles and just over a state line was a huge difference in availability

Posts: 3287 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of myrottiety
posted Hide Post
I wandered into a local gun shop near me. Asked about 22LR inventory. He said he was sitting on over 50,000 rnds. How many did I want.

Sure enough. He had stacks & stacks.

Since I had 500 in the mail on the way. I just grabbed another 500.

Train how you intend to Fight

Remember - Training is not sparring. Sparring is not fighting. Fighting is not combat.

Posts: 8847 | Location: Woodstock, GA | Registered: August 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Dick's at the Castleton mall in Indianapolis had a bunch of Winchester 555 round and Federal 325 round boxes yesterday.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
Too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

THE best...

Do you know if VA Arms takes guns on consignments?

NRA Life Member
Member Isaac Walton League

I wouldn't let anyone do to me what I've done to myself

Posts: 1489 | Location: NoVa | Registered: March 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogB:
quote:
quote:

THE best...

Bass Pro in AC NJ has had .22's ever since they opened 4/15 several different kinds and no limit I got Federal target match 325 brick for 19.95 they are the only ones besides mini's that shoot from my 226 .22 conversion

Do you know if VA Arms takes guns on consignments?

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post