SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
The local Gander Mtn recently put it back on the shelves instead of behind the counter.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Transplanted Hillbilly
Picture of Fire Away
posted Hide Post
Neckbeards are still hoarding it around here.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Central Pennsylvania | Registered: December 08, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Picked up a box of Winchester 333 rounds 22lr 36 grain today at Wally World for $ 17 and some change they had about 20 boxes plus even more Federal Champion (325) same cal for $18 and some change. Its getting a lot better in my area.

Posts: 1949 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went by Academy yesterday at lunch with my wife and picked up 4 boxes of Winchester Super X for $6.99/box of 100. Arrived home and had 500 rounds of CCI mini mags I had ordered from Cabelas - about 11 cents a round).

Ammo is available in Texas if you look for it.

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Center mass,
Armpit level...

Picture of greekfed
posted Hide Post
[/QUOTE]Do you know if VA Arms takes guns on consignments?[/QUOTE]

They used to! I'd call them at (703) 368-3949 to confirm!

Posts: 3154 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: August 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SmokeJumper
posted Hide Post
LGS ..... 36gr ...... CCI Mini Mags ...... $7.25 per 100 ...... sale ended and I took possession of 5,000 rounds..... $36.25 plus local gross receipts tax....... too happy.

Don't Let The Smoke Get In Your Eyes.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Capt.Bob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard3:
Went by Academy yesterday at lunch with my wife and picked up 4 boxes of Winchester Super X for $6.99/box of 100. Arrived home and had 500 rounds of CCI mini mags I had ordered from Cabelas - about 11 cents a round).

Ammo is available in Texas if you look for it.

The three local Academy stores in my neck of the woods still have a 2 box limit when they have 22 ammo. The last time I was able to buy any, all I could get was 2 boxes of American Eagle 40 rounds per box.

Posts: 170 | Location: Redneck Hollar, CSA | Registered: August 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
I have seen it in Cabelas, they are limiting it to 500 rounds but the prices are good.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Local Gander mountain put it back on the shelves,But they were empty today ! Stopped at the Dicks and they had Remington Thunderbolts at $.08 limit 500 and i just seen on midways website they have cci Standard velocity for $.09 per round with free shipping for orders over $75.00
good luck to all

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I'm having no problem at all buying 22LR. There is a LGS that sells it at a reasonable price, not all jacked up. I've been buying bulk packs 2 to 3 or 4 times a week.

And I stopped by Academy on the way home this evening and they had plenty of 50 round boxes, and they had CCI Mini Mags for $7.49, but limit 2. That's ok.

I've had no luck at all at walmart, none.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
Stopped by the new Cabela's near Raleigh NC on Monday and they had tons of 22LR. CCI Standard Velocity, MiniMags, Winchester, Federal Target and Match, etc.
The sign said "limit 500 rounds". Went to check out and the cashier said they changed it that morning to 1200 rounds. Picked up 12 100-round boxes of MiniMags. $8 a box. Stopped in today and picked up another 1200 rds. I had plenty of CCI standard velocity but was running short on the MiniMags. Whew! I'm good for awhile. Hopefully the .22 drought is ending.

Also, they have removed all limits on powder, primers and other reloading supplies. And had plenty in stock.

Posts: 724 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Gander Mountain is advertising in their weekly sale flyer Remington thunderbolts starting today ! and Remington golden bullets Starting next friday

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
recovering ammoholic
Picture of jaybird86
posted Hide Post
A local NOVA walmart actually had some .22 on the shelf when I was there before a movie today. 525 of Remington Golden or whatever crap it was.

But it was there!

---------------------------------
How's your cardio?
Nature, alas, made only one being out of you although there was material for a good man and a rogue.” -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you. - Friedrich Nietzsche

Posts: 1014 | Location: Overrun in Northern VA | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
I was at Cabela's today. Their 1 box of 100 round limit on .22LR was gone and now they allowed up to 1200 rounds to be purchased daily. Some CCI came home with me. It is a good sign.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I paid little over $.06 a round at LGS today. First time I have seen any that low a price in awhile.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not your average
kind of girl
Picture of P226RN
posted Hide Post
Dicks has had the Federal Auto Match 325 boxes in stock for weeks now. 19$ a pop. Got some even though I sure do miss the old price.

If it won't matter in 5 years don't give it more than 5 minutes.

Posts: 5164 | Location: Bye Bye Maryland! Hello WV! | Registered: May 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I paid little over $.06 a round at LGS today. First time I have seen any that low a price in awhile.

Saw two of these buckets at the local Wal-Mart for $72.00 a bucket and walked away. The hoarding can only stop when I start with myself.....

The 1680 and the Mountain Dew on the other hand would have come home with me..... Wink

Posts: 3239 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGfourme
posted Hide Post
Cabela's in CT got a shipment in 3 weeks ago, my son picked up a Remington bucket. Remington visited D&L in Rhode Island - Thunderbolt 500 packs in stock. Today, Federal 325 Match packs, no limit at $19/box. Restocked Razz , happy now.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
Our Wally World has been getting the 325 round Fed. Auto match in at least once, sometimes twice a week for about the last month now.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Wally World in San Antonio and they had 30 boxes of Fed Match for $17.00 with no limit. Is that a good deal for lead 22LR?

Posts: 245 | Location: Ventura, California | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post