SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Wal Mart around here never has .22 in stock but Dick's usually has .22 but it is just too high. I order almost all my ammo online and just ordered 1000 rounds of .22 yesterday and lots of it available...certain CCI rounds are hard to find though

http://www.sportsmansoutdoorsu...oducts2.cfm/ID/72768

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dick's had a flash sale during the week. I got an email saying Federal 325 packs on sale for $19.98 each. Went by and picked up some.

Posts: 1249 | Location: Rhode Island | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
dang, I missed the flash sale...

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10860 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's still on
Federal automatch 325 pack $18.74
Got couple boxes today

Posts: 1176 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a LGS that always has a pallet of CCI SV sitting out so availability has never been a big issue, but at $5.99/50 "on sale" I'm paying for the convenience. I just ordered 2000 rounds of the same ammo online for 8¢ a round before shipping. My days of in store purchases are now over.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:
I have a LGS that always has a pallet of CCI SV sitting out so availability has never been a big issue, but at $5.99/50 "on sale" I'm paying for the convenience. I just ordered 2000 rounds of the same ammo online for 8¢ a round before shipping. My days of in store purchases are now over.

This past Wednesday my LGS had CCI Standard Vel. for $.07 a round and Federal Match for $.06. Last time I was there they had some for $.05

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
It's still on
Federal automatch 325 pack $18.74
Got couple boxes today

Picked up a dozen boxes from our local DSG this weekend at the same price. Best pricing I've seen around here since 2012.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
quote:
Originally posted by snipes:

This past Wednesday my LGS had CCI Standard Vel. for $.07 a round and Federal Match for $.06. Last time I was there they had some for $.05

Wow, VERY impressive.

Posts: 220 | Location: ATL | Registered: June 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I had an hour to kill yesterday so I stopped by the local Sportsman's Warehouse...I found one brick of American Eagle for $30.99...I bought it...they had quite a few 100 round boxes of Remington GB, Winchester Super X, and Browning for $10.00 per box plus a bunch of the high dollar target stuff...

I also picked up a pound of Unique and a brick of Federal large pistol primers while I was there...

I'm not activity searching for anything now...but when I do run across stuff at a somewhat "reasonable" price I will use down the road I generally pick something up...

FOR NOW...I'm seeing more .22LR on the shelves locally in the $.06-$.10 price range...for how much longer, who knows.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Local Bass Pro has Winchester 36gr plated hollow points in the 333 count box for $18.99. That works out to be a little over 5.7 cents per round.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the first time since Dec 2012, our Walmart has .22LR in stock. Ironic with the impending potential presidential outcome.

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Bass Pro has the CCI AR Tactical for $22.99/300, which is .077/round. I think this is pretty close to the MiniMags, which are 1230 fps for solid and 1260 fps for hp. These are 1200 fps. Also, no limit, and free shipping for over $50:

http://www.basspro.com/CCI-Lon...rAID=vantage#2103238

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I also ordered 3 boxes from Bass Pro tonight, good price and with free delv. Have a great night, Gary Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
If you like shooting 22LR, you need to lay back 500-5K before November 8th.

Yeah, it isn't as cheap as it once was - but it's the cheapest shooting you can easily do without reloading.

OutDoor Limited has a bunch - prices are good but they are known to have high pricing, so I recommend bulk purchases (ie, 5K).

https://www.outdoorlimited.com...r-box-p/cci50021.htm

YMMV.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
If you like shooting 22LR, you need to lay back 500-5K before November 8th.

Yeah, it isn't as cheap as it once was - but it's the cheapest shooting you can easily do without reloading.

OutDoor Limited has a bunch - prices are good but they are known to have high pricing, so I recommend bulk purchases (ie, 5K).

YMMV.

I picked up a Walther P22 several weeks ago and have been stocking up on .22 for the last year or so when I found a good deal. .22 is fun to shoot in my Walther and keeps my urge down to go though a bunch of 9mm or 5.56. I'm not shooting anything but .22 until after the elections.

Posts: 1890 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been buying CCI lr standard velocity target ammo in the 2016 Christmas 500 pk from Big J's Outdoor Store in Ortin, WA for $44.95. A good buy from some real nice folks. Have a nice day everyone, Gary Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Thanks for the post. Picked up a couple of bricks. Smile

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just saw on slick gun that Academy had an online only special for 22lr for Federal Champion and American Eagle both 50 round boxes for $2.49 each. Limit 10 boxes of each. I ordered both bricks and got free shipping also.

Posts: 93 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJC:
Just saw on slick gun that Academy had an online only special for 22lr for Federal Champion and American Eagle both 50 round boxes for $2.49 each. Limit 10 boxes of each. I ordered both bricks and got free shipping also.

Thanks for the heads up...even with tax 1000 rounds shipped for under $55.00 Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Later in the day Academy also popped up on Slick Gun with a CCI 40 gr. .22 Mag 50 rd. box for 11.99. I jumped on 10 of those.

Posts: 93 | Registered: September 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post