SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
posted
Lately the local Academy seems to have 22lr in stock most of the time. They always seem to have the 50 round boxes (currently three different brands). In the last month I have walked in and purchased a 1400 round bucket of Remington and two boxes of 325 round Federal Automatch. Is the rest of the country seeing the same availability?

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I saw some .22LR at the gun show yesterday, which was the first time in forever. Prices were still outrageous though, $50-$60 for a brick. Another guy also had a good amount of powder of various flavors, which has also been scarce for a long time. Powder prices aren't bad when you can find it. .22LR, that's just nuts.

Posts: 7239 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
There has always been .22LR for sale here at the gunshows, even when you couldn't buy it anywhere else. The bad news is that it hit a high of $100.00/500 rounds at one time.

At the last show, it probably averaged $40.00/500 rounds. Still not down to where I'll buy it, but if someone really wants .22s, they can get all they want.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Seotaji
posted Hide Post
Yup, I've seen quite a bit, but none at the price I would pay.

Posts: 6917 | Registered: February 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
I have only seen .22 at the gunshow, and the last time I saw it back in June it was being sold for $100 a brick. I passed.

I have not seen any at a regular store in over 1 - 1 1/2 years.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
My LGS said they got 2 shipments last week. They were selling Blazers for 3.49/50 and Federal Automatch for 21.99/325.

Not bad really. I'd prefer 6/100 for Blazers but, shit, these days?

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard3:
Lately the local Academy seems to have 22lr in stock most of the time. They always seem to have the 50 round boxes (currently three different brands). In the last month I have walked in and purchased a 1400 round bucket of Remington and two boxes of 325 round Federal Automatch. Is the rest of the country seeing the same availability?

Prices and availability have been better in Southern NJ American Eagle and Federal 22LR sold for 2.49 a box (50) at the local Dicks sporting goods store.

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
22lr (and 9mm Roll Eyes) are still getting neckbearded around here. Everything else is plentiful and they have even rolled back some prices on some that has been sitting a while.

Last week I had to stop by Walmart on my way in to work around 7:30 am, and strolled by the ammo case not expecting much. To my shock they had a 1000 round box of M-22 in the case. They ammo gun pulled another box from under the register counter and said the only reason I got one was that the overnight stocker ran out of room in the case and put all of the 1000 round boxes under the counter. He said the neckbeards were lined up at 6am to try and buy it, but no one could find where it was until after they left.

I think if walmart stocked ammo at random times throughout the day it would prevent alot of the reselling.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mini68rt:

I think if walmart stocked ammo at random times throughout the day it would prevent alot of the reselling.

+1

Posts: 2032 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think 22LR is on the verge of becoming both plentiful and relatively cheap. I imagine most hardcore hoarders have as much as even they, in their mastubatory fantasies of 22 serving as a currency in a post-apocalyptic future, might be thinking that 100k is enough and some other bills might need to be paid...

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No more Mr. Nice Guy
Picture of cobrajet
posted Hide Post
I actually saw some at walmart last time I was in there. They had both CCI 100 rd boxes and Fedral 50 rd boxes. Maybe people are finally realizing if they don't pay what these leeches charge at the gun show, they will quit buying up all the supply to jack up prices.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The problem with our Liberal friends is not that they are ignorant, it's that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan

Posts: 12401 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: November 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
22LR is still relatively scarce around these parts. I went to LGS which is large and they had only a few 50 round boxes of some foreign brand. Stopped by Cabela's and they were LOADED with ammo other than ZERO 22LR.

I think we are a ways away from seeing 22LR availability and prices like it was a few years back.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I placed a backorder of 22lr last Nov. from Midway, they finally arrived on Fri. Hope that's a sign things are getting better

Guns-I have some

Posts: 213 | Location: missouri | Registered: December 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jackal1966
posted Hide Post
The local Academy (Fort Smith, Ark ) has .22 all of the time now. The 50 round boxes. You can buy (2) 50 round, or (2) 100 round boxes per day. If it is larger than 100 rounds you are limited to 1 box per day. Back in March I bought a 1400 bucket (for$68), and recently the 325 round federal for $17. We have enough that I don't go in and buy right now. Let some other people get it. Back in December, there were hoarders at the doors when they opened. Those people would bring anyone over 21 with them to help hoard the ammo.

Jackal

Posts: 203 | Location: Northwest Ark | Registered: December 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check GunBot. 22LR in bulk can be had easily for 11 to 12 cents a bullet from multiple sellers, and is sometimes down to 8-9 cents AND actually in stock. A few months ago it was 15+ cents. At this rate, I think it will be routinely down to 8-9 cents a bullet in a momth or so...barring some even causing another run on the market. I've got 6-7k in-house but would like to get it back to 10k but I can wait. It's already happening...

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finding CCI Standard Velocity locally. Also have found it online several places.

Posts: 64 | Registered: July 10, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gunbot has Federal Automatch box of 325 for .06 per round. It was posted 19 minutes ago and still available. This is the longest I have seen it available after posting at that price in a while.

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
For the last few weeks, I've been able to buy .22LR at Sportsmans Warehouse every week if I wanted to.

They have a limit of 3 100 round boxes, but just bring your wife and get 6 boxes.

Oh, and it's $7.95/100 for CCI or Winchester.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Flash-LB,

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
I wish they would pass some over to the 27ave store.
I could get any kind of rimfire I wanted at SW as long as it was 17 HMR...which hasn't been hard to find for a while.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Guy at the little show here in Jerkwater had Federal 525 rd bulk packs for 28.50. I bought two.

Posts: 26838 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post