SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
My local Dick's had lots of multiple brands of 22LR in small packs (CCI) and bulk-packs. Mostly about 7 cents per bullet. So it would appear, at least in NoVA, that the 22 shortage is over or virtually over.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Did the same thing this weekend, for the same price. They had a couple of cases of it sitting around on Saturday morning.

quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Local Wally World had plenty on the shelf this morning. Picked up 3 of these for $6.97/box.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here in beautiful Oklahoma, reasonable .22lr ammo can be found almost any day at Academy. My local range always has it too, CCI mini mags at $10/100, some Aquila for a bit less, occasionally Blazer or CCI standard velocity too. A little higher than it used to be but then so is milk. Gas is $1.12 per gallon here as of today though. In fact, I'm gonna top off the tank and go to Academy here shortly and buy some boolets. Hopefully, they will have bulk pack today; grandkids coming to visit soon and I am gonna need a bunch of .22lr to satisfy the little sharpshooters.

Posts: 127 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: July 12, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Local Walmart had Winchester Super X ,Varmint and small Game ,1435 fps , And still 3 left when I got there this Saturday @ 10 am $9.47 per 100

Posts: 1596 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of this morning, Midway still has CCI Standard Velocity (limit 1 brick) and Federal Auto Match (limit 2 boxes of 325).

SG Ammo has Geco Semi Auto.

Both sources have higher priced target grade ammo available.

The LGS has been having 22's on the shelf the last 3 out of 4 times I have stopped by.

Walmart has NADA when I go. But I don't go there at 6 A.M. either.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
The go to stores around here for bulk in past BiMart, Walmart now regularly stock 50/100 boxes of Federal. Walmart have 500 round Remington bricks for $20 so I grabbed a couple just because it was the first bricks I'd seen in a few years.

Yesterday I was in a LGS and the clerk was pricing a case of the same 500 bricks. I asked if sourcing was better he replied "we're seeing it more and more" as he slapped a $40 tag on each box.

I guess if he can sell for that then more power to him.

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by druryj:
Here in beautiful Oklahoma, reasonable .22lr ammo can be found almost any day at Academy. My local range always has it too, CCI mini mags at $10/100, some Aquila for a bit less, occasionally Blazer or CCI standard velocity too. A little higher than it used to be but then so is milk. Gas is $1.12 per gallon here as of today though. In fact, I'm gonna top off the tank and go to Academy here shortly and buy some boolets. Hopefully, they will have bulk pack today; grandkids coming to visit soon and I am gonna need a bunch of .22lr to satisfy the little sharpshooters.

our gas is 2.39 gal 1.12 Eek I would just go crazy to buy it for that. (oregon)

Posts: 5574 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Just looked at Wal-Mart yesterday and there were only a couple boxes of shotshell 22.

Posts: 13732 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
Just looked at Wal-Mart yesterday and there were only a couple boxes of shotshell 22.

That's all I've been seeing at my Walmart too.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38584 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Finally found some 22lr at Walmart in Siler City, NC Winchester M22 @ $.05 a round. I bought 1k and wife went in and got another 1k. This is the cheapest I have seen 22lr in years around these parts.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Walmart seems to be the only place locally that is not tacking on a ridiculous extra-we got it, you don't- tax.

Now if only they could get some damn .22 mag back on the shelves...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15497 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm seeing more of it on line nowadays. Two weeks ago I bought four 1400-round buckets of Remington Golden Bullet from Palmetto State Armory. Day before yesterday I ordered 8 300-round boxes of the CCI Tactical from Cheaper Than Dirt. Natchez Shooters Supply has a steady supply of the CCI Mini-Mag 36gr.

Yes, I am stocking up. I promised myself I'd do it. I remember standing in the parking lot in front of the Walmart near Fair Oaks back in 2013, swearing aloud "As God is my witness, I will never be without 22LR again!"

Posts: 311 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I found a couple of sleeves of mini mags and about six 100 round boxes of Remington golden bullets at Walmart this week and several boxes of Winchester super x at academy.

Maybe the drought is lifting.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
Cabelas had a couple hundred boxes on the shelf today.
Their prices are still high, Federal blue box was the best deal at $3.99/50, I passed.

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2906 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
Local Field and Stream had a display area stack of shelves full of reasonably name-brand .22LR at around 9 cents/round. No limit.

Name brands including Remington and Federal, but not the specific stuff my beasties like. So I passed, but it is a hopeful sign! Smile

Posts: 14998 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just saw 22s on the shelf at the local Walmart for the first time since Dec. 2012.

100 pak Remington Golden Bullets @ $7.76 each. Limit 3.

Posts: 775 | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Patrick-SP2022:
I happened to stop on the local Walmart today.
Surprisingly, there was quite a bit of 22lr.
500 round bricks of Remington thunderbolt ($25), 325 round boxes of Federal Automatch ($18) and a 1000 round box of Remington m22 for $51.
I picked up the m22.
Smile

Posts: 4122 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
It's finally getting better! I went to my local walmart and always check but they never EVER have it. To my surprise, they had just received 2 cases of .22LR. I was able to get 6 boxes of 325rd. 40 gr. for $110. Cheapest I've seen in a long time. That puts me back up to 4,000 rds. Trying to stock up for the great shortage of 2016.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7054 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
.22LR is still scarce around here but I just picked up a couple of these with free shipping...

https://www.streichers.com/fed...cb&mc_eid=d4a7f59b5f

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link - still showed as in stock so I was also able to get a couple of boxes.

quote:
Originally posted by smlsig:
.22LR is still scarce around here but I just picked up a couple of these with free shipping...

https://www.streichers.com/fed...cb&mc_eid=d4a7f59b5f

Posts: 205 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post