SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
It's getting better with 22 LR availability but we are still a LONG LONG way from where we were in the fall of 2012. That is almost TREE years now crazy. Mad

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was able to buy brick of Remington thunderbols at a local academy sports
Not my favorite but it's better than nothing, they had 20+ bricks

Posts: 1175 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Picked up two bricks of CCI Blazer at a new local gun store for $69 including tax...6.9 cents a round ain't as cheap as the "good 'ol days...but it's a far cry from some of the other stores asking $100 for a brick at the peak of the shortage Mad...I also bought a few boxes of CCI quiet for $4.99 a box for 50...they shoot very well in the Marlin 880 bolt rifle (and fairly quiet...not suppressor quiet...but much quieter than the others).

Our two Walmart stores are still dry as a bone.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A local firearms venue is offering up a pretty good variety of rimfire ammunition. They have significant quantities but the price is still ludicrous. For Winchester 40gr. plated the price is 15 cents/round and you have to purchase 1500 rounds to get that price. All this tells me is that it's about to break loose. Wal-Mart is selling more to their own employees for resale than the public so I wouldn't expect too much of them.

Posts: 83 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 18, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Not really in North East Ohio yet.

I was able to buy two, 300 round count boxes of CCI Mini Mags today at Dick's Sporting Goods. They had approximately 10, 300 count boxes of the Mini Mags and approximately 10, 40 round count boxes of Federal. Each had a 2 box limit.

That is the first .22 ammo I've seen on the shelf around here in years.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Got 3K of Aguilla online last week. Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I saw a 300 round box of CCI standard velocity in Wal-Mart today. Nearly fainted.

Posts: 13731 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I saw a 300 round box of CCI standard velocity in Wal-Mart today. Nearly fainted.

Dicks had a lot of this.. and also had 525 bricks of Federal Champion.. for 24. limit 2 each day.. I got 4 They also had 90 rnd boxes of 223 American Eagle, 29.00

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 9070 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was lucky at the Bass Pro in Las Vegas. Bought two Remington Buckets of Golden Bullets for $167.

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I was surprised that Gander Mtn (Fort Wayne) still had the CCI mini mags they advertised in the black friday ad at 4 pm Saturday !

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Dick's near where I live (Springfield, VA) still has at least a hundred Federal 525-packs (10 per crate) for $30 each. Limit of 2. Good price for quality ammunition. On Black Friday they were $25 each (limit 2), which is an excellent price. I'm back to north of 10k so I'm good.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
...On Black Friday they were $25 each (limit 2), which is an excellent price...

The 525 cans were gone by the time I shopped at Dick's about noon Friday in Davenport. I could have gone Thurs night or first thing Fri, but fighting the crowds is not my thing.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
Availability got a lot better for me down here over the weekend. Saw that Bass Pro / Outdoor World was advertising Federal Automatch for $19.99 limit one box for Black Friday in their flyer with a guaranteed 500 box minimum per store. Yesterday on the way back from a family function I stopped by one of our local stores as it was right along the way. SCORE!

They had Federal Automatch $19.99 and CCI Mini Mags 36 HP ($8.79) along with a variety of CCI standard velocity and others from Winchester and such. My daughter was with me so I chanced that they would not give me a hard time so I grabbed two of the Federal 325 boxes and four of the Mini Mags off the shelf, yes off the shelf and their was still plenty left. No issues with checking out either.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
It's been getting better (for now) locally...two local gun stores have it in stock...I've bought 1000 rounds over the last week...$32.99 plus tax per brick for either Federal American Eagle or CCI Blazer (the price has risen a dollar or so per brick over the last week)...

I also bought 500 rounds of Mini Mags from Gander Mtn. for $39.99 with free shipping last month (instantly shown as backordered after the order was accepted...but surprise, surprise...they sent an email with tracking number that it was shipped yesterday and will be delivered tomorrow Eek)...

Over the last month or so I have been able to replace what I have used over the summer/fall and I am happy with that...even at the somewhat higher prices it's good to see it on the shelves at these locations...

I'm still not seeing it at our local Walmarts, Sportsman's Warehouse or Dunham's...but I know the Walmart in Maryville TN has been getting Federal bulk in from time to time which is a good sign.

Edit...our Walmart has a dozen or so Remington Thunderbolt 50 round boxes for $2.37 each...limit three...I passed and left them for the two guys and their wives at the counter behind me...I'm sure they were NOT neck beards Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Federal 525-packs for $25 at Wal-Mart and the clerk said. Hey you need any 22. I was buying 9mm but I took a box of the 22. First time I had seen it at that Wal-Mart in years.

Posts: 4 | Registered: November 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Finally found 22lr at Academy Sports. Winchester box of 525 rounds. Limit one per customer so the wife and daughter bought a box.

Posts: 5688 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Local Wally World had plenty on the shelf this morning. Picked up 3 of these for $6.97/box.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
So, is .22 being stacked up three feet high on the tables at gun shows, unsold at ludicrous prices?

Life's been good to me so far

Posts: 15827 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
So, is .22 being stacked up three feet high on the tables at gun shows, unsold at ludicrous prices?

Not quite 3' tall, but the prices are ludicrous! I was at a show 2 weeks ago, and they wanted $50 - 55 for a brick of normal stuff. No thank you!

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
On the wrong side of
the Mobius strip
Picture of Patrick-SP2022
posted Hide Post
325 round boxes of Federal Automatch 22lr.
$17.99 per box at the local Academy sports.

I picked up 2 boxes.

Posts: 4121 | Location: Texas | Registered: April 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post