SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Picture of RussBert
posted Hide Post
I've been lucky...

I have been able to find bricks of 22 at my LGS's and Wal-Mart throughout all the shortage. I just scored 5 bricks of Winchester 555 at Wal-Mart over the last couple weeks

Posts: 913 | Location: Connecticutistan | Registered: October 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RussBert:
I've been lucky...

I have been able to find bricks of 22 at my LGS's and Wal-Mart throughout all the shortage. I just scored 5 bricks of Winchester 555 at Wal-Mart over the last couple weeks

I was jealous until I saw where you lived.

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sideways85
posted Hide Post
I just scored 6 525rd packs of golden bullets at walmart. They had plenty of those and 1000rd packs of winchester m22

Posts: 672 | Location: Cleburne, TX | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The local Wally-World here has been hit or miss (a few more hits lately) on Remington Thunderbolts and Federal 510's in the fifty round boxes for $2.37 each...I've been passing on the Thunderbolts and bought 6 boxes of 510's over a couple of days (still 3 box max per customer)...the Federal bulk packs still sell out quicker than the 50 round stuff...the counter person said it is staying on the shelves longer...so maybe the "neck-beards" are slowing up...maybe...

The Cabelas sale was nice to see...

I've given up on intensive searches...if I run across it while out...I'll buy some if it's reasonably priced...

However...I did find this on the CMP website..."35,000,000 rounds of Agulia" on order as well as other manufacturers...it may still be awhile for things to "stabilize"...what ever that will end up being...

http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/am...availability-update/

The CMP has been notified by ammunition manufacturers and distributors to expect price increases and significant delivery delays for all calibers of ammunition, especially for .22 rimfire. The price increases and delays apply to orders we have already placed with the manufacturers. Prior to 2013 CMP received deliveries of truckloads of ammo within a few weeks of placing orders. We are now being advised, as in the case of Aguila .22, that it may take several years to receive all of the 35,000,000 rounds of Aguila ammo we have on order.

As a result of this situation, CMP has placed orders with several different manufacturers for large amounts of ammunition in various calibers. We expect to receive only a few pallets at a time because manufacturers and distributors are rationing the ammo to their customers. As we receive ammo, we will contact customers with oldest orders already in place with the option to purchase whatever we receive at the new prices, cancel the order, or remain on the list for the manufacturer they originally requested. All price increases to CMP will be passed on to the customer. CMP will not be profiting from the increase in prices.

We will continue to accept orders for ammunition, with the understanding that the wait time for customers between placing an order and receiving the ammunition may be anywhere from a few weeks to a few years. Most other retailers are in the same situation as the CMP. We suggest that customers leave their CMP orders in place and not cancel until they are able to purchase ammo elsewhere. CMP customers will be contacted as to pricing and manufacturer before any orders are filled.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Scored this since Cabelas 5 days of free shipping with no minimum purchase. Also some Midway action in there. 2350rds, give or take.

Notification lists, ready credit cards, and the willingness to never stop trying.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
Scored this since Cabelas 5 days of free shipping with no minimum purchase. Also some Midway action in there. 2350rds, give or take.

Notification lists, ready credit cards, and the willingness to never stop trying.

But still no mini-mags Frown

Posts: 6060 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

But still no mini-mags Frown

There were none at the northern St Louis Bass Pro a few weeks ago. I would have grabbed "several" at this price:

Posts: 15887 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just bought 1200 rounds of CCI for $120 with no limit on quantity. Closer to good prices and qty.

Posts: 245 | Location: Ventura, California | Registered: August 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
I hit the timing right at the local walmart and was able to pick my limit of three, 100 round pack of CCI Mini Mags for $7.47 each on Christmas eve!

Merry christmas

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Richard3:
Lately the local Academy seems to have 22lr in stock most of the time. They always seem to have the 50 round boxes (currently three different brands). In the last month I have walked in and purchased a 1400 round bucket of Remington and two boxes of 325 round Federal Automatch. Is the rest of the country seeing the same availability?

Things opened up in NJ have been getting them regularly mostly at Dicks I have tried many different ones to feed my 226 .22 conversion found CCI and Federal Match grade work best but I have accumulated so may rounds I have recently purchased a Rossi plinker revolver to shoot the rest. The latest purchase from Dicks was 1000 rd brick of M22's st 59.00 The plinker was shipped today from Buds guns

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
I went to the local gun store/range to do some shooting today but left because it was over a 2 hour wait and I got there pretty early. Hardly a person in the store looking to buy a firearm however. Sad to see.

They are a pretty large gun store here in the area and they did not have a single round of .22 LR for sale but pallets and pallets of everything else. Then went to local Cabelas and same story. Unreal how long this shortage of .22LR has been going on for locally.

I know it can be found online and I have plenty for myself for quite a while yet stocking up in major way in late 2012 but I have never seen it this bad locally STILL.

LGS has also slashed prices on .22 pistols - maybe because shoppers can't find any ammo to shoot in them. I almost bought a nice Browning Buckmark for $339 - the model with the molded grips with finger grooves and green front sight. Brand new Rugers for under $300.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
Palmetto has the Federal Automatch 325 round boxes for $29.95 right now, I just ordered 2 for my Appleseed course next month.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
What I can't figure out is why the ammo manufacturers have not started investing in being able to produce more .22 ammo in larger quantities. You don't have to have an MBA to figure out that the demand for .22 is obviously not a bubble and needs to be filled by greater manufacturing capacity and investment. I think two years is plenty of time to have analyzed and moved on this reality. More jobs, more sales revenue, more people buying more .22 firearms, more jobs...and the cycle continues. What's the holdup?

I have a two year backorder for 10 boxes of 100 CCI 40Gr Mini Mags for $5.86 each with MidSouth Shooter Supply that I refuse to cancel now just out of principle. LOL

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
and every one of them words rang true and glowed like burnin’ coal.
Picture of TannerBoyl
posted Hide Post
My local supply has gotten better, but the price still hasn't dropped as much as I'd have liked. I ended up getting my limit of two 100rd boxes of CCI Mini-Mags for $9.99 each and two 300rd bulk(?) boxes of CCI for $32ish at my local Turners Outdoorsman.

Posts: 4591 | Location: Redondo Beach, California | Registered: February 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
Target Sports USA has CCI Standard Velocity 40gr LRN for $3.99/bx. I bought 1000 rounds for $93.39 delivered ($79.80 + $13.59 shipping).

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the Nation's Gun Show and 22LR was plentiful. But at best 10-11 cents per bullet, most was more like 12-15 cents. It might come down a bit more but I think, barring the next panic (which is more like when rather than if), it is close to stabilizing at around $45 to $50 a brick.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
So 10 cents per round is okay??? Tomorrow, I think I can get several boxes of 100 for 10 cents per round -- just not sure what brand it will be. I was told by a local merchant that they got a shipment.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10857 | Location: Salem. No, not that Salem.  | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:
So 10 cents per round is okay??? Tomorrow, I think I can get several boxes of 100 for 10 cents per round -- just not sure what brand it will be. I was told by a local merchant that they got a shipment.

About 2 months ago I got a 1000 round brick of M22's for 59.00 only one per customer a day went back the next day and to my surprise they still had them so one more is in my cabinet.
Since then the only thing they had were Win super x 100 rounds 10.00 you never know what to expect when it comes to .22's. I call a few times a week to see what or if they have any.
I watched a clip on you tube showing a manufacturer producing .22' they kick out about 4 million a day you would think the market would be flooded

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Posts: 269 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: January 07, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of oldseabag860
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oldseabag860:
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

About 2 months ago I got a 1000 round brick of M22's for 59.00 only one per customer a day went back the next day and to my surprise they still had them so one more is in my cabinet.
Since then the only thing they had were Win super x 100 rounds 10.00 you never know what to expect when it comes to .22's. I call a few times a week to see what or if they have any.
I watched a clip on you tube showing a manufacturer producing .22' they kick out about 4 million a day you would think the market would be flooded

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5qMsmucXhI

"NO TWENTY TWO FOR YOU"

Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Digging deep in my stash I found some older .22LR LOL.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post