SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
A guy on a local site has 50 round boxes of CCI SV for 8 bucks! Choke on it and die!

I picked up a brick of it from a LGS recently for $30.

Best regards,

Tom

I have no comment at this time.

Posts: 3103 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
I just got home from Sportsmans Warehouse in Mesa and they had a metric shitload of .22LR and it was just sitting there.....except for the CCI Mini Mags, which I scooped up for Mrs. Flash's AA G26 conversion. $7.95/100 rounds.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Weird Al is
My Hero
Picture of mini68rt
posted Hide Post
Just had a new Field and Stream store open up. They had pallets of 22: Thunderbolts, Golden Bullets, Bucket o' Bullets, M22, Minimags. It took a week to sell it all. It will be nice for the secondary 22 market around here as well. Overnight the BoBs went from $150 to $90 on Armslist.

Between that and my CMP order that just arrived I am set for now.

No one dared to ask his business, no one dared to make a slip.
The stranger there among them had a big iron on his hip.

Posts: 858 | Location: Way Too Close to UNC , NC | Registered: June 25, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
Lucked out at the local WalMart this morning and found some 333s for about $17.50 each. (The guys in front of me took the last of the M-22s). This was a real boon, since I refuse to patronize my LGS any longer (they are still selling CCI Mini Mags at $13.49). Wallyworld also had Federal .380 on the shelf at a half-decent price. It was like an alternate reality or something.

Posts: 965 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
No good LGS around me....I'm still waiting for minimags to be plentiful online.

Posts: 6060 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Support4Firearms
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Guy at the little show here in Jerkwater had Federal 525 rd bulk packs for 28.50. I bought two.

Whoa ... $0.055 cents a round! Quite a 'deal' nowadays. It's hard to say $28.50 / 525 is a "good deal" - but alas if the prices should happen to level off there it will be like gasoline; Under $3.00 a gallon is now considered a great price! In reality it is NOT - but we accept it and move on, huh?

Posts: 3114 | Location: "Back In New Mexico" | Registered: March 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
Local walmarts had CCI's in stock this morning ! some of them i heard had mini mags and the 2 i hit had standard velocity 100 rd pack they were $7.47 per 100 with a 3 box limit I took my G.F with me so i could get 6 boxes at 2 stores !

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
I hit two Wallyplaces today, one on the way to and one on the way from the range.

I scored two bricks Of CCI SV between them!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TomS,

Best regards,

Tom

Posts: 3103 | Location: Coker Creek,TN | Registered: April 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning I went to local Academy. They had hundreds of boxes of various 50 round .22lr. Also had plenty more in bigger boxes under the cabinet. No bulk boxes in sight. Any body else seeing this kind of availability.?

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Supply and Demand 101

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
What makes me smile is, local boards still have .10/rnd stuff listed and THEY CAN'T SELL IT!

Best regards,

Tom

posted Hide Post
Yeah plenty of online places with $50 bricks are sitting on it... Heck I had 3 x 300 packs of CCI Minimags in my cart at Midwayusa for $22 each, but after shipping I was like "$75 for 900 RDS? Fuck that".

posted Hide Post
I'm not having much luck finding 22lr in the stores. Academy has some SV lead round nose, but i prefer the plated stuff like Remington Golden Bullets or CCI Mini Mags, neither of which I have seen in person in months.

The online sellers seem to be all along the $0.10 per round level, and stock seems to be gone quickly.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
.22 LR still very scarce around these parts.

Posts: 9727 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
0.17/rnd at LGS/Range this weekend (silver eagle group)... Way too high and not even CCI

Posts: 494 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
GunBot is packed with 10 cents per round in small and bulk, and a fair amount of 9 and 8 cents per round as well = I think, barring another run on the ammo market, that $40 bricks are going to be plentiful SOON. Might get even lower. I've got about 13k of 22LR and use to snag whenever I saw a good price, but I am not bothering with that anymore.

Posts: 3530 | Location: Alexandria, VA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
GunBot is packed with 10 cents per round in small and bulk, and a fair amount of 9 and 8 cents per round as well = I think, barring another run on the ammo market, that $40 bricks are going to be plentiful SOON. Might get even lower. I've got about 13k of 22LR and use to snag whenever I saw a good price, but I am not bothering with that anymore.
Yup, I agreed and am in a similar boat. I've got @8K on hand, 2K in the mail to me, plus 14K on backorder at various outlets.

I still refuse to pay $40 a brick for bulk packed junk - $40 for quality subs sure, but the junk no way. I shoulda picked up more from 2008-10 when it was $15 for 550s, 9.95 for 333s. The 20K I had wasn't enough. Big Grin

Picture of IndianaMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:
quote:
Originally posted by Batty67:
Yup, I agreed and am in a similar boat. I've got @8K on hand, 2K in the mail to me, plus 14K on backorder at various outlets.

I still refuse to pay $40 a brick for bulk packed junk - $40 for quality subs sure, but the junk no way. I shoulda picked up more from 2008-10 when it was $15 for 550s, 9.95 for 333s. The 20K I had wasn't enough. Big Grin

AGREED
I also believe that availability is getting better on all kinds of 22 lr it is just that the pricing is still all over the place i think i have enough for a while but i still like to add to my stash when i find it at a decent price

Posts: 1593 | Location: NORTHEAST INDIANA | Registered: August 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doubtful...
Picture of TomS
posted Hide Post
Gun show insanity continues...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: TomS,

Best regards,

Tom

posted Hide Post
The Cabelas Christmas miracle netted me 1333rds for $80 ($0.06) and 1000rds Fiochci subs from Midway ($79 plus shipping).

Even better was the CCI Quiets for $29.99 / 500rds.

Deals ARE out there, but you need to have in-stock notifications on and be ready to buy quickly.