SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    22lr availability getting better ???
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

22lr availability getting better ??? Login/Join 
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SSgt USMC/Vet:
Local Gander Mountain had more CCI 22lr than I have seen in years. Both 36 and 40 gr 100 rd Mini Mags for 6.99 and standard for 3.99.

Same here. Both on the shelves in adequate quantities on Saturday night. But the 5 box (500 round) limit is still in effect, so Mrs. 'Hook helped me walk out with 1k rounds last night.

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2537 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Right after elections and through January most stores I visit had plenty 22 ammo, including bulk packs, but it seems like it dried out the last 2 weeks

Posts: 1175 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:
Right after elections and through January most stores I visit had plenty 22 ammo, including bulk packs, but it seems like it dried out the last 2 weeks

6.2 ¢.per round shipped. 6¢ if you do mail in rebate.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20726 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by scsigs:

6.2 ¢.per round shipped. 6¢ if you do mail in rebate.

Some of my preferred .22 ammo. Bought a case with free shipping but you beat me to the post. Smile

The nice thing about the case is you can keep the smaller boxes intact and send the UPC of the case box for the rebate which is what I'm going to do. I'll just put the smaller boxes in an ammo can where they fit nicely.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
Walmart had a ton of 325 Federal packs today for $.05 a round before tax.

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3636 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Yep...over the last couple of weeks I've picked up bulk Federal Auto Match for under $20 including tax, CCI Quiet for $3.99 and CCI Minimags for $7.99-$8.99 a box at various stores...if I'm out and about and run across anything other than Remington in that price range, I pick up a box or three...stocks are on the rise again Smile

Just picked up 3 100 round boxes of the Winchester SuperX 1420 FPS stuff tonight for $7.99 ea. plus tax.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bisleyblackhawk,

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10576 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought Winchester plated 22lr for about $.06 per round at Bass Pro of all places.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
My local FFL of choice has a whole approximately 8 feet of shelf space that is stacked with a wide vareity of .22LR including Mini-Mags at $8.99 per 100. My local Bass Pros also have ammo on the shelves with some decent variety. Yeah, except for the Wal-Mart vultures here and there that haven't caught up with reality yet, I dare say .22LR is ALMOST back to normal locally even if the prices are a little higher. It's kind of funny that you can still see some folks you can tell were involved in the ammo reselling listing Mini-Mags on gunbroker with inflated prices because they are into it at panic prices, and just keep relisting them. Hate to tell ya bub(s), but you ain't selling it at scalping prices anymore.

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ewills
posted Hide Post
Had to grab a few things at the local Walmart in Fair Lakes, VA this morning, so checked the ammo section, just because. They had some CCI mini mags.....$7.50 for a box of 100. The fellow that opened the case for me said they weren't really enforcing a limit anymore. I got 5 boxes and left the rest. He also said they were getting CCI in several times per week.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ewills,

Posts: 308 | Location: NOVA | Registered: February 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
After 4 years I can finally say that it is. Prices are starting to go back down!!

Posts: 7790 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
They're after my Lucky Charms!
Picture of IrishWind
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ewills:
Had to grab a few things at the local Walmart in Fair Lakes, VA this morning, so checked the ammo section, just because. They had some CCI mini mags.....$7.50 for a box of 100. The fellow that opened the case for me said they weren't really enforcing a limit anymore. I got 5 boxes and left the rest. He also said they were getting CCI in several times per week.....

Hot damn! I haven't seen Mini-Mags in over 5 years. I was even thinking of selling my Mosquito and GSG-5 because of lack of use. That was until I saw how little I would get for them.

Lord, your ocean is so very large and my divos are so very f****d-up
Dirt Sailors Unite!

Posts: 25075 | Location: NoVa | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just went to Gander Mountain today and found CCI standard velocity on sale for $3.99 a box of 50.

I bought three bricks. Cool

Posts: 13665 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Natchez has Minimags in 40 and 36 grain. Also, they are selling CCI Standard Velocity by the 5000 round case!

Linky

Posts: 311 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I recently and to my surprise won a bid on gun broker for three bricks of cci standard that ended up under $25 per brick with shipping which is like a ten years ago price. Shelves at most places I checked are stocked but prices are still a bit high but coming down! Last gun show ( before the cci score ) I bought Aguilar standard at $35 a brick, and availability keeps getting better. I am no longer coveting my small stash of ammo I had from the last time CMP was selling surplus 22. I have only about 3k right now as my volume of shooting has increased but I am no longer concerned I will have to curtail my 22 shooting due to unavailable ammo supply

Posts: 3261 | Location: Finally free in AZ! | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In Texas the 22lr shortage is over. I went to Academy last night and they had CCI Mini Mags on the shelves for $7.99/100. There were no limits. They had lots of other brands and everything was on the shelves with no limits. I think we will have plenty of availability until the next national elections, which depending on which way the voters go, could have an impact in the future. Hope the rest of the country is getting the same supplies.

Posts: 13 | Registered: December 15, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post