SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    12,500 Round m855 BARREL at grafs
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

12,500 Round m855 BARREL at grafs Login/Join 
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted
Grafs 12,500 round barrel of Lake City

Only 4,999.99 (+ freight)

Made me smile.

I'd like to just have the drum Big Grin

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I would expect a bigger discount at that volume. I can buy cases cheaper than that.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I would expect a bigger discount at that volume. I can buy cases cheaper than that.

Agreed - around $1,000 too much

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
40 cents a round doesn't seem like a very good deal.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
About 2-dozen vendors <40 cents here:

http://ammoseek.com/ammo/5.56x...e-62grains-?ikw=m855

AND.....free shipping:
https://www.wholesalehunter.co...044511?source=A10003

Posts: 4572 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigwagon:
40 cents a round doesn't seem like a very good deal.

That was my first thought, but then I realized it’s about bragging rights: When my bud tells me he had to take some of his ammo out of the safe and put it on a shelf, I could point to that barrel and say, “Yeah, my reserve supply of M855 wouldn’t fit in my safe either.”

It’s like “spam” cans of Eastern Bloc military ammunition. The quality isn’t that great and they’re a pain to get open in a hurry (remember Islandlwana), but they’ll store forever and when H32N163 hits and wipes out 95% of humanity, our great-grandchildren will be grateful we stocked up.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
I suppose my intent was not that it was a fantastic deal (Understandably not necessarily in the spirit of this sub section), but that it was a unique quantity and packaging that I had never seen before and would be of interest to the readership because it is a little batty.

NRA Life Member

Posts: 11144 | Location: Mid-Michigan | Registered: October 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:

https://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-drums/=18euq7q

Bone 4 Tuna
Picture of jjkroll32
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
quote:

https://www.mcmaster.com/#steel-drums/=18euq7q

Resourceful crowd.

BTW, McMaster Carr is a great place to do business with.

NRA Life Member

Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jjkroll32:
would be of interest to the readership because it is a little batty.

Definitely, and that's how I took it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post