SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Empty ammo shelved at Academy today
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Empty ammo shelved at Academy today Login/Join 
posted
I stop by the local academy every two weeks or so.
2 weeks ago they had plenty of bulk 22, 9 and 223
Today no bulk 22 at all, 9 shelves were pretty much empty.
I am hoping they just did not get shipments because of holiday, and not another panic.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Academy has an area for rings and mounts, about 100 or so slots. About 80 of them are empty. The gun guy said Christmas cleaned them out. I pointed out it was 3 months ago. Academy has gotten lazy about re-stocking in my opinion.
bb

Posts: 381 | Location: East Texas | Registered: June 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They seem to have a lot on the www site, and most of the time - like now - you can get free shipping:

https://www.academy.com/shop/b.../shooting/ammunition

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was just surprised a bit, been seeing stocked shelves for over a year and all of a sudden empty.

Posts: 1177 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Just my rambling opinions. It's tax season so many vendors reduce inventory. Second, it's no secret that since President Trump was elected, firearms (and I assume accessories) are less in demand. Unfortunately, many states are making changes in firearms/ammunition laws because politicians are politicians no matter what party (or special interest group) they represent. Distributors may be taking a let's see what happens stance. Same with dealers.

There will always be hoarders no matter what party is in charge. It's Catch-22...

Beware of a man whose only pistol is a 1911, he's probably very good with it.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They were moving ammo around at my Academy today. They had more 22LR in stock than I have seen since before Obama.

I thought there were record gun sales last month?

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post