SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Reno- How do you sell ammo locally?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Reno- How do you sell ammo locally? Login/Join 
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted
I have 450 rounds of American Eagle 357 Sig ammo in boxes, plus 1356 rounds of the same ammo in bags. I also have 150 WWB rounds and 69 Winchester Ranger rounds.

I have no idea how to sell this stuff because Craigslist apparently is a no no.

Any experience? I've sold online here YEARS ago and shipping was brutal.

Also- forgive me if this is the wrong section.

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
sdf- www.armslist.com It's the gun version of Craigslist. It's free just like Craigslist but beware you'll have people that lowball you just like Craigslist. I've had several good transactions on there, to include selling my 226 last week and finding my W German 220 about 6 months ago.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of sdf
posted Hide Post
Thank you.

Posts: 7139 | Location: Nevada | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
You're welcome. Hopefully it works for you.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen members on this forum successfully sell ammo without shipping many times in the classifieds section. They just put their city in the subject line and local pick up only. I think .357 sig would sell pretty good on here.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Take it to a gun show, fashion a sign and walk around the show with it. That much ammo is hard to carry on your person, so just the sign and maybe a few boxes as a sample will do. If the buyer is interested you can then go out to your car. Even at shows that prohibit firearms sales in the parking lot, they say nothing about ammo.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post