SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Where are people buying bulk ammo these days?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where are people buying bulk ammo these days? Login/Join 
posted
It has been at least 6-7 years since I bought ammo in bulk, I think it was 5k of 5.56 I got from ammo man. For the most part, I pick up a box or two of what I need from Wal-Mart.

I am finishing up my .300 blk SBR and want to pick up 2500+ rounds. What’s everyone’s favorite online retailer?

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Well they're not in California - unless they're going through an FFL.

Eff`ing state.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Before I started reloading my own, I bought everything from Georgia Arms online.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
Well they're not in California - unless they're going through an FFL.

Eff`ing state.

SGAmmo.
If a CA resident gets a C&R FFL (Federal, $33, good for 3 years) and a COE or Certificate of Eligibility (CA DOJ, $75, good for one year) then they are exempt from the no online ammo nonsense and SGAmmo can ship to your house.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I use the ammo search engine called AmmoSeek and buy from whomever is cheapest (incl shipping).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
all things considered, Georgia arms is still my go to. In Ca i need to go through an ffl but I have a guy that will do it for nothing. Not as convenient as having it shipped direct but cost wise basically the same.

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
The above mentioned are good, I’ll add TargetSportsUSA LINK

You can usually get free shipping on case lots.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Palmetto State Armory, when on sale with free shipping (usually for buying 10+ or 20+ boxes).
Brownells, with discount codes/coupons.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: spwestern,

Posts: 272 | Registered: May 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo.

I always check there first. They provide great service, package the ammunition well, ship promptly, and don’t rape the customer on shipping. I just ordered 1000 rounds of 300 Blackout ammunition after confirming that Brownells didn’t have what I wanted in stock, and it would have been more expensive from them even with free shipping.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^

9 times out of 10 it will be SGammo. Always good pricing and fair fast shipping. Also normally get my order within 2-3 days.

Posts: 779 | Location: Colorado | Registered: October 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the feedback. SG Ammo had some great pricing as did others but shipping was adding up.

In case anyone was interested I ended up going with Primary Arms. They currently have $50 off $500 (they have $10 off 100, $30 off $300, etc) and I was buying a scope from them which ended up giving me free shipping on the entire order. Ultimately ended up giving me the best final pricing.

Here is a link to the ammo I got.

Magtech Ammo - Primary Arms

Posts: 3118 | Location: Germantown, TN | Registered: June 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
SGAmmo and Target Sports USA.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo now for pistol ammo. Natchez Shooters Supply has good deals too. Outdoor Limited as well.

Ammunition To Go used to be a good site, but they have gotten expensive. Too bad because they are close to me.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
SG Ammo, or our member GarandGuy, when he has an ad going. He has some great deals.

Posts: 3248 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always been happy with prices and selection from SG and Target sports USA.

Posts: 14 | Location: TN | Registered: February 07, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I've got a couple things on Target Sports USA with "notify me" set, but it's been a few days and nothing heard.

SG Ammo, with shipping, would be about 5¢/round more expensive for Fed. AE.

I've an LGS that has Remington on sale for 34¢/round after tax. I'd probably do that, first.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
SG Ammo or Bone Frog Gun Club. Consistently the cheapest and best service.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freedom is the
oxygen of the soul
Picture of 10P8TRIOT
posted Hide Post
1) Target Sports USA
2) SGAmmo

Target Sports USA is always cheaper because of free shipping on cases (which is about all I ever purchase).

NRA Benefactor Life Member
Μολὼν λαβέ

Posts: 1086 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: December 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 10P8TRIOT:
Target Sports USA is always cheaper because of free shipping on cases (which is about all I ever purchase).

If they ever get stock! I've had three or four .45 ACP ball ammo types on "notify me" for nearly two weeks and nada.

Good thing I'm in no hurry.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post