SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Malaysian 7.62 NATO any good?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Malaysian 7.62 NATO any good? Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Saw some of this surplus ammo and wondering if there are any known issues with it.

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I've shot almost 500 rounds of it through M1A and FAL with no issues, and it seems pretty accurate as well.

ETA: Note that although it is brass, it is berdan primed and so not useful for reloading.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12743 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of J387
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine bought a crate. There has been some complaints of it being “smokey” at the range and some rounds hard primers causing failure to fires. Best guess would be 5-10% range. The rifle is a stock dpms ar-10. I would avoid it and pay up a little more for newer production.

Even the Losers Get Lucky Sometimes

Posts: 406 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
For a cheaper 308, I'd shoot it but I wouldn't put it through my SCAR or Colt.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One cans worth of experience. No issues of note, plenty accurate at 200 yards for blasting.

Posts: 920 | Location: Midwest | Registered: April 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I bought some a while back but have not shot it yet. Does it have a flash? (You know I'd be interested in that. . . .)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a 900 rd case from SGA ammo . My AR10has munched it right up, no ftf. made in 1981 comes in aneat mahogany crate, i would buy again.

Posts: 446 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can't say about the 7.62, but I have shot Malaysian 5.56. It shoots reliably and about as well as any M193 type. Bullets pulled and replaced with SMK or Rem PL ("Mexican Match") shoots very well.

Posts: 3278 | Location: Florence, Alabama, USA | Registered: July 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shot a bunch of this thru a FAL,M1A,HK91,and a 7.62Garand with no problems,should be good to go.

Posts: 94 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: July 26, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post