SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Geco 9mm for $199 case shipped, any good?

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Geco 9mm for $199 case shipped, any good? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
9mm 124 grain FMJ

Just ordered a case of this stuff, any thoughts or opinions? Has five star reviews on TS-USA. Tried their .22, had a lot of wax on them so it clogged up my SIG522 mags, other than that, no experience with it.

Thoughts?

ETA: Also I ordered accidentally (3) boxes of HST 124gr accidentally, I always use the +p. Should I expect it to behave the same, or does the extra powder change POI, or other characteristics?

Jesse

A couple SIGs and a few others

Posts: 8064 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Geco's 9mm is good to go.

More info here: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/1850091104

Posts: 17729 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Geco is good stuff. I have seen some that is bimetal, but the vast majority is not.

Target Sports is out of this now, but they told me on the phone that they would be getting more in at the sale price next week. Keep looking, or sign up for email notifications.

Posts: 1965 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
The Swiss-made Geco that the OP ordered is bimetal jacketed.

Hungarian-made Geco is copper jacketed.

Posts: 17729 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
The Swiss-made Geco that the OP ordered is bimetal jacketed.

Hungarian-made Geco is copper jacketed.

I've got .380 and .38 special in the same red/black packaging, that is not bimetal. It says Ruag -Germany, and "Made in EU", but does not specify where in the EU.

How do you know what is made in Hungary versus Switzerland?

Posts: 1965 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
Picture of Ronin101
posted Hide Post
great deal..they are out now

Posts: 6264 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by honestlou:
It says Ruag -Germany, and "Made in EU", but does not specify where in the EU.

How do you know what is made in Hungary versus Switzerland?

The Hungarian stuff says "Made in EU". The Swiss stuff says "Made in Switzerland".

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
I've used a few thousand rounds of Geco 9mm, no problems at all

---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"

Posts: 6457 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I shot 1K rounds of the Geco in 9mm. No issues in a few different pistols. As for the non +P HST I also usually get the +P in 124gr, but looking over the ATK LE site there is not much difference between the two HST's so I feel comfortable carrying it.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
I just noticed that Geco is RWS.
I have shot it in 45acp and it was fabulous ammo.
I have shot a case or two.
Great stuff if it is the same quality.

Posts: 13415 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post