SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    Target Sports USA Prime Ammo membership
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Target Sports USA Prime Ammo membership Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
Anybody a member of their Prime Ammo membership? And if so, is it worth it? Looks like to sign up, you pay $95.00 a year for free shipping on all ammo shipments, buy ammo at their cost. Meh. Thoughts?

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
first off - Target Sports is GTG

don't know first hand about their version of Prime - but I have read about this on another board

basically - if you order enough it will 'break even' - what would that be - like around five orders / year ?

you get their discount too - prices even lower than their normal low prices

free shipping on even small amounts of ammo - which would be great to get smaller qtys of various types of ammo

i have considered it

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes for about a year. Good savings when you search for the best deal.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I may do this. I am thinking about getting 3-4 friends to go in and we can spli the fee and all order through one persons account!!!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Failing to prepare is
preparing to fail.
Picture of SigLaw
posted Hide Post
With as much ammo as I have order over the past year it has been worth the cost and then some.

Posts: 1355 | Location: Gilbert, AZ | Registered: November 08, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Kinda, sorta getting a consensus here. Thanks for the reply's.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7652 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I sign up for it every year.

I use it enough it pays off for me.

They also send some random "free" ammo as a part of it, kind of a goody bag deal.

Posts: 3718 | Registered: August 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dusty3030:

They also send some random "free" ammo as a part of it, kind of a goody bag deal.

that could be dangerous ...

'Honey - i got some .44 Mag ammo that I don't have a gun to go with... i think i need to head down to the LGS...'

Smile

----------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
free ammo? i have not received any as of yet.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
free ammo? i have not received any as of yet.

how long have you had the prime membership? I hope they send me something good!! saved 30 on 2k of 9mm and 10 bucks on 200 rounds of 224 valkyrie!

Posts: 7791 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Got a notice earlier of a delivery coming my way. I had not ordered anything lately, so was curious. Checked deliver history, saw it was coming from Target Sports. Received yesterday a small ammo can of Target Sports stickers,308 & 5.56 rounds. Absolutely free. Wow. Thanks TS.

--Sir Winston Churchill

--James Earl Jones

posted Hide Post
I don't think I will renew my membership. You need to buy alot of ammo to even make up for the member ship fee.

Only way I can see it being worth it is if you buy a bunch of small orders and save on the shipping.

if they are to be believed their mark up is 10 percent!!

posted Hide Post
It really depends on how much ammo you buy, It works for me with the price and the free shipping. my only problem with them is they do not have the 6.5 Grendel ammo i like in stock but when they do i buy in bulk and save. Also i can buy 1000 rnds 9mm for less than $150.00 delivered.

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Registered: July 21, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cliff:
Got a notice earlier of a delivery coming my way. I had not ordered anything lately, so was curious. Checked deliver history, saw it was coming from Target Sports. Received yesterday a small ammo can of Target Sports stickers,308 & 5.56 rounds. Absolutely free. Wow. Thanks TS.

meh a box of 9mm blazer brass Frown. I bought six different calibers from them this year and that's what I got!

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I get free shipping without membership fee. Just order by the case and it's free. They will also send up four free boxes with your free shipping order. Sometimes they do charge for the shipping but refund it if they do (only happened twice). A typical order for me is 1000 rds Blazer Brass and 2 boxes of HST. No shipping.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post