SIGforum
Just Saw A Picture Of A Pallet of 9mm

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/603106699/m/1650068574

October 23, 2020, 05:30 PM
maxwayne
Just Saw A Picture Of A Pallet of 9mm
A friend is at a shooting range in the Atlanta area and the range has a members special on WW USA 9mm. It is $30 per box with a case limit. I suspect it will be gone soon.
October 25, 2020, 08:24 PM
accelerate
Wow what a smoking deal.....not. Thats literally nearly 4 times times the normal price.

German (triple) Sig pro 2022 9mm
German(tripe with proof marks) Sig pro 2022 40 P226 stainless Elite 9 P229 Elite 40/357 1911 ECS 45 P938
October 26, 2020, 10:47 PM
jimb888
NO, THAT is the normal price. If you can show where it is available at a better price, then you should put it up.

If Biden gets elected it may in fact seem like a dirt cheap price if the laws get changed.
October 28, 2020, 10:48 AM
Rinehart
I only know of one retailer of the larger store varieties that haven't jacked up 9mm ammo prices significantly. That store is Dunham's Sporting Goods.
This is generally 50 round Federal brass 115 grn 9mm in different flavors which is now selling for around $14.99 per box. (3 box limit per day).
Obviously you are dependent on shipment availability and you darn well better be there when the store opens if the shipment came late-
but ammo IS infrequently around.

*If you are not there when the ammo comes out/stores opens it is generally gone in less than an hour, (being generous).
What I've told friends who search in vain is that you need to learn exactly in each store what days/time their ammo shipments arrive.
This is critical because most of these stores only receive (maybe if they are lucky) two cases of 9mm from what I've seen. This means around 48 boxes with a 3 per day purchase policy. Do the math. Some stores receive less than a dozen boxes.
Walmart tells me (in the 22LR and shotgun realm) that they don't usually know when the ammo comes in but they get frequent shipments. Obviously can happen at late night as well.
They still have a 500 round box of 22LR selling for $17.99 ...when you find them.
Other calibers there have gone up.

I've tried to help some house-bound folks and family get ammo and have had to develop a plan.
Ya gotta do your homework if you expect to find anything unless you want to pay pinkie-finger-out prices in the store or online.
October 28, 2020, 01:25 PM
Exnicios
most likely riverbend gun club, hey have some members with serious connections. My father-in-law and Brother-in-Law are members. Very nice facility.
November 06, 2020, 10:10 AM
captain127
quote:
Originally posted by Rinehart:
I only know of one retailer of the larger store varieties that haven't jacked up 9mm ammo prices significantly. That store is Dunham's Sporting Goods.
This is generally 50 round Federal brass 115 grn 9mm in different flavors which is now selling for around $14.99 per box. (3 box limit per day).
Obviously you are dependent on shipment availability and you darn well better be there when the store opens if the shipment came late-
but ammo IS infrequently around.

*If you are not there when the ammo comes out/stores opens it is generally gone in less than an hour, (being generous).
What I've told friends who search in vain is that you need to learn exactly in each store what days/time their ammo shipments arrive.
This is critical because most of these stores only receive (maybe if they are lucky) two cases of 9mm from what I've seen. This means around 48 boxes with a 3 per day purchase policy. Do the math. Some stores receive less than a dozen boxes.
Walmart tells me (in the 22LR and shotgun realm) that they don't usually know when the ammo comes in but they get frequent shipments. Obviously can happen at late night as well.
They still have a 500 round box of 22LR selling for $17.99 ...when you find them.
Other calibers there have gone up.

I've tried to help some house-bound folks and family get ammo and have had to develop a plan.
Ya gotta do your homework if you expect to find anything unless you want to pay pinkie-finger-out prices in the store or online.

14.99 a box is still close to double what it was 10 months ago, so not a smoking deal but certainly better than most.
November 09, 2020, 07:02 PM
Rinehart
The election was the final straw as far as getting any 9mm. If you're not there at the moment when the small amount of ammo comes out/store opens... that's it.
March 28, 2021, 04:29 PM
Legal Beagle
Amen. After standing around at stores and driving all over the place, I got fed up enough to work with Para and secure 100,000 rounds for SIGforum in the SIGforum 9mm Ammunition Group Buy. Please support the project so I can keep a stream going to the members here.

Please support the SF "Help Mike!" campaign to raise legal fees for a 72 year old Texas teacher and hobby rancher who had 6 forgotten 9mm rounds in his checked luggage leaving T&C and faced 12 years in prison and $50k legal fees at https://fundrazr.com/b2KZgc.
March 29, 2021, 02:32 PM
nhracecraft
quote:
Originally posted by jimb888:
NO, THAT is the normal price. If you can show where it is available at a better price, then you should put it up.

If Biden gets elected it may in fact seem like a dirt cheap price if the laws get changed.

The 'current' price is NOT the normal price....That's DOUBLE the normal price! Sooo, not even close!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!