SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    PSA Ammo Order
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
PSA Ammo Order Login/Join 
posted
Anyone else have trouble getting their ammo order filled from PSA, and zero response when inquiring? Not completely flamming the vendor, but when I email customer service I expect a response, and have heard nothing...and has been 8days since I placed the order.

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone here...they also already charged my CC, which I think is bad practice if they haven't processed the order. It will be my first and last time ordering ammo from them.

Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Location: Denver | Registered: January 26, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You, everyone's brother, your third cousin, and his pet German Shepherd are ordering ammo. Big orders. Small orders. Everything in between.

Palmetto has never been known for speedy shipping -- even when most companies were begging for us to buy ammo. Be patient -- you'll get your ammo sooner or later. Many of us view Palmetto's generally good prices and slow-ish service as a reasonable trade off to a LGS with instantaneous purchase gratification and high prices.

Posts: 4573 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 26, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order on the 10th, just notified of shipping yesterday, the 19th. Saw a thread recently somewhere, here or elsewhere, I forget, about them changing software/shipping procedures and that PSA was working thru it to get back to normal.

------------------------------
Wales: "You a bounty hunter?"
B.H.: "A man's got to do something for a living."
Wales: "Dying ain't much of a living, boy."

Posts: 304 | Location: FL | Registered: September 19, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order on the 16th and still shows as processing. I was wondering about this myself, and thought it might be related to my order having 22 LR, but now I know. Thanks for the insight.

Posts: 188 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 18, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok, thanks guys...I guess they are working through some issues. Appreciate the follow up on here.

Posts: 5 | Location: Denver | Registered: January 26, 2015Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Part of my order arrived on Friday (August 26th), but of course the 22 LR was missing. So far I've sent one e-mail asking for an update, but nothing but crickets from PSA. Charging my credit card for something that is starting to look like it was actually out of stock (but not showing that way at the time of order) is not good business. I've searched their web site and FAQ for info on how to cancel the missing part of my order, but could not find anything.

quote:
Originally posted by gt_32750:
Placed an order on the 16th and still shows as processing. I was wondering about this myself, and thought it might be related to my order having 22 LR, but now I know. Thanks for the insight.

Posts: 188 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: October 18, 2004Report This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Par for the course for PSA. As noted, their CS response times and shipping times have always been on the slow side, and during busy periods like now, they get even slower.

There's another thread on the topic here: http://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/7800052904

The good news is that, even though it may take several weeks, I've always gotten what I've ordered. It just requires extra patience.

Posts: 17720 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:

...The good news is that, even though it may take several weeks, I've always gotten what I've ordered. It just requires extra patience.

What he said. For the low prices, I can wait a few weeks.

Posts: 11833 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
PSA is better than Freedom Munitions. I placed an order that was supposed to be in stock and was told it would be 17 working days to ship it. In stock my ass. What they are doing is getting their preorders before they manufacture the product. To me in stock means it will ship no later than the day after the collect my money.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can do it your own way, if it's done just how I say."

Posts: 6138 | Location: Colorado | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fritz:
You, everyone's brother, your third cousin, and his pet German Shepherd are ordering ammo.,,

Funny that you say that. My pet German Shephard has actually ordered ammo.

Posts: 1961 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Report This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
PSA keeps sending me emails about ammo sales.
I keep ordering.
They keep delivering, in a timely fashion.
The delivery guys keep making it up our front sidewalk.
My credit card keeps loading.

I'm gonna have to rent a Pod®.

You guys aren't doing it right.

Posts: 8029 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
PSA keeps sending me emails about ammo sales.
I keep ordering.
They keep delivering, in a timely fashion.
The delivery guys keep making it up our front sidewalk.
My credit card keeps loading...

It's a viscous, never-ending cycle.

One I do not want to stop. Smile

Posts: 11833 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Report This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
My last PSA order was on 12 August; received a “has been shipped” notice late on the 26th (but UPS doesn’t have tracking info yet). That’s also part of the reason I don’t wait until I’m almost out to order. Smile

“Most men … can seldom accept the simplest and most obvious truth if it … would oblige them to admit the falsity of conclusions … which they have woven, thread by thread, into the fabrics of their lives.”
— Leo Tolstoy

Posts: 36241 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
That new system that PSA implemented must still have some bugs to be worked out. Glad that I also ordered some rimfire ammo elsewhere and did receive it.

====================

Hello,

This email is in reference to your above order with us. Due to an inventory issue, we will be unable to fulfill part of your order.

Federal 22 Long Rifle 36gr Copper Plated HP Champion Ammuniton 525rds - 745

Please allow 3-5 business days for the refund to process back to your card in the amount of $_____.

Best regards,
Jason A.
Customer Service
Palmetto State Armory
(803) 724-6950
info@palmettostatearmory.com

If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
My last PSA order was for 1k rounds of 5.56 and took two weeks to ship. I expected about that kind of wait time, so no biggie. That was around the 6th of last month or so.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 2505 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Placed an order for some match ammo at 9AM today. Just received shipping notice with tracking info at 7:30PM Smile

Posts: 657 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 05, 2009Report This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
Picture of RHINOWSO
posted Hide Post
PSA is great at selling shit cheap - it just may take forever for it to get to you.

read what you want
watch what you want
play what you want
think what you want
say what you want

Posts: 34240 | Location: Around | Registered: July 12, 2008Report This Post
4-H Shooting
Sports Instructor
Picture of Zecpull
posted Hide Post
Ordered last week.. got it the same week.. and itwas 5.56 and 10 pmags... Smile

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but
> because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Life member
NRA Pistol instructor...and Range Safety instructor
Women On Target Instructor.

Posts: 8627 | Location: Wooster,Ohio | Registered: May 11, 2004Report This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
You will get your stuff. They have a reputation for being slow sometimes. Hit or miss too.
I placed 2 orders on Monday October 17. Placed first order and realized I forgot something so 6 minutes later I placed another order (free shipping on the second item so wasn't worried about cost). Based on my order numbers, in 6 minutes they recieved 234 orders! Frag that out and a conservative estimate is several thousand orders a day.
Both orders were AR parts, no ammo. One already shipped and I get it today. Other has not shipped yet Confused
Good people, good prices, always crazy with the shipping

Posts: 430 | Registered: December 04, 2001Report This Post
Snackologist
Picture of BigJoe
posted Hide Post
My experience in the past few month is. It has been about 7 days (including weekends) from the day I ordered, to the day I received. That's acceptable.!

...You, higher mammal. Can you read?
....There's nothing sexier than a well worn, functional Sig!

Posts: 13454 | Location: WV | Registered: January 17, 2002Report This Post