SIGforum
General thoughts on stocking up on ammo these days

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/603106699/m/1200014814

May 31, 2017, 06:41 PM
bobtheelf
General thoughts on stocking up on ammo these days
Buy it cheap, stack it deep. It won't go bad; better to get it now than wish you had later.
May 31, 2017, 07:02 PM
motoboy
^^^^^

Truth
June 19, 2017, 05:55 PM
jimb888

Was out with my 12 ga semi-auto shotgun while back. When my grandfather passed on over 50 years back, he left behind some old ammo which my mom glommed onto. She never kept too good of care of it, and the stuff was all but mistreated in the many places we moved too. Took it out and fired it. Ran 100 percent. I'm convinced if you take care if good quality ammo it will outlive you. The 18 gun Sentinel safes cost @ $110 on sale and hold just under 20,000 rounds of .223 packed in ammo cans. Should there be a catastrophic fire, they will cook off safely. Meantime, they take up less space in the safe, and it locks in case you have kids around.
June 20, 2017, 07:50 AM
joel9507
Stocking up is a good idea, IMO. There are even sales on some .22 LR rounds these days.

I got some printable Avery stickers and have started putting year labels on my inventory, and arranging storage so I can get at the old stuff to shoot that first.
June 26, 2017, 09:14 AM
jjkroll32
I've gone into slow accumulation mode in terms of ammunition and components.

Quality factory 5.56 and 9x19, occasionally 45ACP and 22lr. Gets tossed in 50 cal cans with desiccate packs. If I see good prices on powders that I use, I'll pick up a few pounds here and there locally. As well as 1K bricks of my commonly used primers.

Much of my range ammo is my own reloads.

I've also been putting quality magazines away, and components.

My eye is out there for a few rarer firearms, but until the right one comes, I keep vigil.

NRA Life Member

Long Live the Super Thirty-Eight