SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  Billy Bob's BangBang Boutique    1000 rds 5.56 55 M193 and Ammo can for $294 SHIPPED
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1000 rds 5.56 55 M193 and Ammo can for $294 SHIPPED Login/Join 
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted
1000 rounds of South African M193 in a 50 cal ammo can for $294 Shipped. Good deal.

Coupon code "comeback5" for 5% off

Free shipping over $199 = $294.50 TOTAL

https://www.freedommunitions.c...93-fmj-bulk-new.html

Cheaper than Wolf Gold. Best price I've seen on brass 5.56 in a while.

EDIT 3/23/17 - Looks like it is all gone and sold out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bubbatime,

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OUTSTANDING - order placed.

Thanks a million for sharing.

Posts: 217 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I REALLY don't need any more .223/5.56, but the ammo can is worth $10, and this is priced better than I've seen new brass ammo for probably the last 6 or 8 years. And it's better than anything else available right now.

So I couldn't help it-more on the way.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
Is this new or reman? Anyone used this ammo before?

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I almost pulled the trigger on this but looked on SG to compare and saw a photo of the ammo. One pic showed the primer end and it looked corroded with something instead of a clean sealed primer. Decided to pass.

Would like to hear about someone's personal experience with it.
-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TVzombie:
I almost pulled the trigger on this but looked on SG to compare and saw a photo of the ammo. One pic showed the primer end and it looked corroded with something instead of a clean sealed primer. Decided to pass.

-TVz

Good catch - I was about to order until your note came up - thanks.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SG also reported that they believed this SA M193 was from the 1990s

Posts: 270 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TVzombie:

-TVz

I just found the photo you're talking about on SG Ammo's website, and that does look kind of nasty. The odd thing is that SG says that they shot some and it looks brand new.

I've got 2K on order, so I'll definitely let y'all know when it shows up. If it looks nasty like that I'll be having a talk with Freedom about a return, or I'll be talking to my credit card company.

Posts: 3424 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bnz42:
SG also reported that they believed this SA M193 was from the 1990s

Yeah, I read that:

http://www.sgammo.com/product/...-south-africa-pmp-am

I remember the days of the inexpensive SA battle packs, though the cardboard box was slightly different. That stuff was Berdan primed.

Posts: 15898 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
M855 for $.31 per round 1200 rds, $372 shipped.

American Eagle .223 also $.31 per round 1000 rds, $309.50 Shipped. Plus $10 mail in rebate to bring it to $299.50 Shipped.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Received my ammo today, I opened two different boxes and the brass is very clean but the primers do have some small amount of particels . Have a very good day, Gary. Smile

Posts: 493 | Location: wa | Registered: October 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rec'd my 1K rd ammo can today. It's not Federal, but I'm happy. Here's pics.

Posts: 217 | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Is PMP boxer or berdan primer?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Is PMP boxer or berdan primer?

I haven't received my order yet, but both SG Ammo and Freedom Munitions state that it is boxer primed. In addition Freedom states non-corrosive.

Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
M855 for $.31 per round 1200 rds, $372 shipped.

Slight thread drift here, but what's the skinny (no pun intended, sorry) on the ZQI 5.56? I have some ZQI 7.62x51 that's a noticeably lighter load than the standard M80. The ZQI won't reliably cycle my FAL. Other than that it's fine, but it makes me wonder about their 5.56 stuff.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've read on the forum (but can't remember the thread) that the ZQI NATO 5.56 is a little hotter than what you would expect for NATO. So if you want to shoot a hotter load than it would be worth trying. I never bought any to confirm. As for Green Tip, I don't frequent a range that I can shoot it at to warrant keeping a bulk order of it on hand. I would like to hear your experience if you do try it out. I've seen it on the Walmart shelf if you are looking for just a box or two to try out.

-TVz

Posts: 428 | Location: North of DFW | Registered: May 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the info. I may or may not buy any as I have a fair supply of LC M855 already.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
I placed an order yesterday with freedom. Got 1000 rounds of reman M193 for 265 shipped. Cheapest I have ever seen brass sold for.

Posts: 7389 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post