SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    At my wits end: embedding videos here - what's the step by step to do this?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

At my wits end: embedding videos here - what's the step by step to do this? Login/Join 
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted
I've tried and and tried. No luck what so ever.

While I'm not technically proficient with this, I am able to embed videos ( youtube, etc ) from my phone to at least two other forums, never here.

Where am I screwing up?

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
That's great. Is there a karmanator to reduce oversized pictures as well?

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:

No. But there are plenty of other free online image resizers, and many of the image hosting websites will include that feature as well. Or you can do it manually with any basic image editing software.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
PhotoImage.org is really easy to use, easy to adjust picture size, and free.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
http://www.karmanator.com/tubeit.pl

Thank you! Smile

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Karmanator automatically imbed the video in the window you’ve opened to reply or start a new thread?

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
The "Karmanator Tube It" function creates a text/script that you copy and paste in your post.

(three boxes with various iterations of the code)

It is properly formatted, just select all the text in the box, copy it, and then paste it in your "reply".

Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks monkey.

Posts: 1071 | Location: Cary NC | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
The "Karmanator Tube It" function creates a text/script that you copy and paste in your post.

(three boxes with various iterations of the code)

It is properly formatted, just select all the text in the box, copy it, and then paste it in your "reply".

Smile

Will the Karmanator only work with YT videos or can other video links such as Full30.com or Vimeo be embedded as well?

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Looks like it only works with Youtube.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Looks like it only works with Youtube.

Thanks...you da monkey! Smile

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post