SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Post Disappeared, I Really Thought It Was Innocuous
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Post Disappeared, I Really Thought It Was Innocuous Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
I posted a question, in The Lounge, about which DNS (Domain Name Server) people were using, and why that one was chosen.

The post disappeared. Was there anything wrong with that question? If so, I will certainly not mention that topic again!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30635 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're mistaken. No such thread was deleted.

But, while we're on the subject...

Guys, stop asking me why your post was deleted or your thread was locked. Most times, you're not going to get an answer.

The administration of this forum reserves the right to lock, edit, move or delete any posted content, for any reason whatsoever, or no reason at all, and we feel no obligation to provide you with the rationale for any such action we may take.

I mean it- I really mean it. STOP. ASKING.

Suck it up. Realize that you are posting content in a venue controlled by someone else. If something you posted gets locked or deleted, there is a reason. We don't delete or lock threads arbitrarily. All you do when you post stuff like this or email me about it is piss off the admin.

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
You're mistaken. No such thread was deleted.

Bugt, while we're on the subject...

Guys, stop asking me why your post was deleted or your thread was locked. Most times, you're not going to get an answer.

The administration of this forum reserves the right to lock, edit, move or delete any posted content, for any reason whatsoever, or no reason at all, and we feel no obligation to provide you with the rationale for any such action we may take.
My apologies. I have been here long enough that I know better than to question your motives!

I wanted to know whether I had made an error trying to post, in which case I would post again, carefully, or whether I had unknowingly touched on a bad topic, in which case a re-post would probably piss you off royally. Sometimes a little guidance is needed.

Thank you for putting up with me, I do appreciate it!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30635 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I understand. My answer remains the same. DON'T ask. I've had it with this shit. I've had it with members telling me "You should tell me what I did wrong, so I don't do it again." I am sick to death of hearing that silly shit.

The fact is that most of the time I delete or lock a thread, no one asks. Those are the guys who have it figured out: It's someone else's board, not theirs, so they suck it up, and that makes it egregious when I do get these questions. This "You should tell me what I did wrong, so I don't do it again" crap is silly and infuriating and it insults my intelligence. A member who says such a thing is really saying "I demand that you give me an answer."

If I have a concern about a pattern of behavior with some particular member, I will advise that member, either privately via email, or in the open forum. If a thread of yours gets deleted and I have not said anything to you about it, just let it go.

Posts: 107460 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post