SIGforum
Deleting a post

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/550601935/m/8930014954

July 29, 2019, 01:00 PM
bigdeal
Deleting a post
Do we no longer have the ability to delete a post in a thread? I screwed up today and duplicated a post, but when I went back into the erroneous post, I no longer find the option at the bottom of the screen to simply delete it. Please advise.
July 29, 2019, 01:03 PM
ensigmatic
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Could last time I did it... <checks...>
Let's see if the parent of this one deletes.

It did.

However... I think you cannot delete an OP once somebody has followed-up to the thread?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher
July 29, 2019, 01:20 PM
bigdeal
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ensigmatic:
However... I think you cannot delete an OP once somebody has followed-up to the thread?
Nah, that's not the issue. There used to be an option (icon) on the bottom right side of a post that would allow one to delete an erroneous post before someone posts in after it (which is what I was attempting to do). That option (icon) is no longer there on any posts throughout the forum (at least on my laptop).

July 29, 2019, 01:51 PM
That Edit icon is still there. Something going on with your laptop.

Q

July 29, 2019, 01:54 PM
az4783054
You won't see the icon on other's replies but you should see it on your own.
July 29, 2019, 03:49 PM
RogueJSK
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

You also have to be logged in to edit your own posts. You may have inadvertently logged out before trying to edit/delete that post.
July 30, 2019, 10:44 AM
Modern Day Savage
quote:
Originally posted by RogueJSK:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:

You also have to be logged in to edit your own posts. You may have inadvertently logged out before trying to edit/delete that post.

Yep. This is the first possibility that came to my mind as well. You will only see the tool icon to delete if you are logged in.
July 30, 2019, 01:52 PM
It's hard to believe that a 13-year member, with 28,000 posts, doesn't know the ins and outs of the forum. Well, bigdeal, what about it?

Q

July 30, 2019, 02:27 PM
parabellum
Man, cool your jets.
July 30, 2019, 05:18 PM
I was merely responding to the other members who think bigdeal could make such a rookie mistake. I suppose anything is possible, but it's doubtful. That's all I was trying to say. Nothing malicious intended.

Q