SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Why was this topic closed?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why was this topic closed? Login/Join 
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted
What am I missing here, why was this closed please?

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...000083054#7000083054

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
If I had to guess, I would say it is the click-bait title. Para is cracking down on vague and/or click-bait titles.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Yep.

Per Para, from back in April: https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0079934?r=4860079934

quote:
"From this point, any click-bait, vague thread titles gets your thread locked"

Posts: 32426 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Seemed obvious to me at the time.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47365 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I would add that the point was made. How much more discussion is needed?

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Sorry...did not realize it was a "click bait" title. There was a very similar thread posted on the same day (with a more descriptive title), and I just did not see the need for another drawn out thread title, my bad.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Warhorse:
Sorry...did not realize it was a "click bait" title. There was a very similar thread posted on the same day (with a more descriptive title), and I just did not see the need for another drawn out thread title, my bad.

Yours wasn't click bait. But it was the "vague thread title" that did it in. Wink

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
The thread title was too vague. If you're going to take the time to post a thread, be more descriptive with your title.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post