SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  SIG Forum Office    Norton Safe Web says sigforum.com not safe
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Norton Safe Web says sigforum.com not safe Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
I use Norton antivirus software.

This event just started a few minutes ago. When I tried to bring up SIGforum using Internet Explorer, I got a page that said Dangerous Website blocked.

Norton Safe Web site says it has analyzed sigforum.com and found computer threats.

When I use Chrome to log in, I do not get any warning messages.

Has anyone else seen this ?

The problem is repeatable.

sdy

adding: I went directly to Norton Safe Web site and entered sigforum.com in the search box. This is the response:

more adding: I haven't experienced any issues accessing and posting on SIGforum. (except for the Norton Safe Web message that just started tonight).

Posts: 19558 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
DeadHead
Picture of two-two-niner-romeo
posted Hide Post
I just got the same exact warning on my computer (Dell Win7 Pro SP1 64bit). I'm running Firefox 56.0.
I just checked Internet Explorer 11.0.46 and got the same warning there too.

"Being miserable and treating other people like dirt is every New Yorker's God-given right!" - GhostBusters II

"You have all the tools you need. Don't blame them. Use them." - Dan Worrall

Posts: 1902 | Location: Putnam County, NY | Registered: May 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
If you click on the small down arrow, to the right of "Threat Report" at the bottom of the detail page shown above, you'll see that the thread that triggered the Norton warning is this one:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/3500024134

The thread probably contains some links to some risky sites.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Son of a bitch

From now on, gentlemen, when you get some hilarious message from a scammer, or when you go to some website and get a threat alert, do not, under any circumstances, post that crap here.

As soon as I see such threads, I'm going to delete them, and any member who makes a habit of posting such things here will be removed from the forum.

This could have been avoided, very easily, by keeping that shit out of this forum. Ridiculous.

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...090064134#9090064134

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107461 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post